Random Events

Are you sure about that? Just watch this: https://youtu.be/K24F_OH0LfE?t=38m48s This was recorded by Mac (I think). You can see the game getting choppy as he is dropping the bowling balls and eventually freezing for a while. I rest my case.

Earthquake? Doable.
The physics engine is pretty robust (even when networked).

Will we do it? Probably not for a while.
We’ve got so many other fish to fry with this project, it’ll probably be something extra we tack on after release.

11 Likes

Only pause I saw was for a couple seconds when he first starts spamming it, other than it, just lost frames during the streaming.

@Zak @Caboose700 @Arctiq
He has spoken, we can all crawl back into our hype holes.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Yeah most of those hitches are due to streaming through hangouts.

1 Like

I like the idea of random events, because they add replay value when you least expect it. These may make the hub world much more fun and also make the other places interesting. Perhaps there could be an achievement for experiencing every single random event in Tower Unite?

My mind has wondered and I added even more ideas.

1 Like

If we ever get the Stanley’s parable guy, we’ll need him to record “And so, Stanley entered his Condo… oh, sorry. Wrong game.”

12 Likes

@vtipoman
You sir, just possibly made the best idea.

This HAS to be added!

I don’t really like the ghost in the condo idea because it could scare the crap out of unsuspecting players like myself. Then the fun of entering your condo could be ruined.

This is an awesome list. I hope to see some of these make it into the game!

Isn’t that the point? Maybe it shouldnt happen to players who have just started playing due to making first impressons. But the point of it is an adrenaline rush, and going “What did I just see? Was that a glitch?” It would add mystery and an underlying creepiness in the tower.

2 Likes

I guess you’re right. It would be cool to have a creepy lore behind the tower (other than the fact that it’s heaven)

1 Like

Yeah, that would be awesome, knowing that the game is pretty fun but you have that nagging sense of “Somethings up around here…”

I’ve got one!

• NPCs go on strike and rally in the plaza. During this time, nothing serviced by a NPC (such as purchasing items) can be utilized. Lasts for fifteen minutes at most.

I’d rather go for Random events that are easter eggy, and don’t really affect your gameplay in anyway. That’ be really irritating if you were trying to customize your condo, but you couldn’t buy shit just cause.

4 Likes

That’s quite true… Perhaps there could be a computer or something in place of the NPCs for the duration? I dunno, I just thought it might be funny to see the NPCs doing something other than standing around.

@Arkive86
I added your suggestion to the post.