Question, when will we get TU merch?

Id buy the hecc out of a catsack plushie or a rob’s imports shirt.

17 Likes

Same. I’d fucking love some TU merch.

6 Likes

catsacks slippers pls

6 Likes

If you own an established firm willing to risk heavily and produce merch for a game that peaks at only 250 players daily, I’m sure the devs would love to strike a deal
otherwise… yeah, propably not in the foreseeable future
Also, can’t you get a custom T-shirt with a TU theme?

1 Like

That’s far from true. There are quite a few big sites that let you create your own custom merch. Fanfiber and Cafepress both come to mind. Both sites made it cheap and easy to sell your own custom merch.

2 Likes

But those are limited to “your design on this normal thing” type merch, unless your brand its popular enough, no? No-one is going to make plushies for the game the size of TU.
Correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

Cafepress works like that but I’m pretty sure fanfiber will make custom stuff. Not positive, though. But hell, I’d rather at least have some merch rather than nothing. If we can’t get real catsacks, I’d still buy the shit out of some TU shirts or mugs or something.

2 Likes

Also, just did a quick search and fanfiber does do custom plushies. Plus, I saw a whole bunch of other sites that do custom plushies. Now that I think of it, the Slime Ranchers devs just recently started selling slime plushies. I wonder where they get theirs from.

1 Like

I know you can get custom plushies, I was wondering about the size of the playerbase you need to have before anyone’s willing to make them, and if TU’s at that level.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love me some TU merch, especially plushies

2 Likes

Catpacks :wink:

From what I was reading, at least some of the sites will do it for whoever pays, even if your just one person.

TU isnt big enough for merch… YYEETTT

There’s definitely demand. And there’s definitely businesses out there that will make plushies for us. It doesn’t matter how big the game is, all that matters if there’s demand that offsets the cost of production.

We will probably get more into merch stuff after Early Access, though. We’ve got to finish developing the game first.

16 Likes

TBH, I have no knowledge about this sort of thing, so I’m propably in the wrong here… but I’m still somewhat skeptical. From the stats (thanks for them, by the way), it seems most owners of the game don’t play regularly, and wouldn’t be interested in merchandise. Even then, only a small fraction of those interested would buy it (due to expenses, shipping, etc)
Again, I probably have no bloody clue what I’m talking about, and there’s no way for me to learn what the “standard” demand needed for custom plushies and such is.

I don’t really think people have to play regularly to want merch. Hell, I usually only play when there’s an update but I’d fucking love some merch.

1 Like

I just want a catsack plushie. Maybe a human-sized one as well.

2 Likes

Yeah also that new Steam merch thingy that has CSGO and dota merch. i got my bro a dota shirt for christmasm its really good quality

1 Like

just make your own, I don’t want to self promote after several incidents involving me in the TU discord but…

also cassocks are easy to make, just get some cloth, string and cotton balls

Edit: why is there a quote? I meant to send a link