Question: Good programs for creating playermodels

I’m looking for programs to create UE4 playermodels. I’m already decent with blender, so it’s not like I am completely new to the modeling scene. I tend to not write much when creating a topic (Especially due to it being late where I am) so please excuse my lack of detail.

They have fuse, but it’s so basic, can’t make complex playermodels with it, but very easy to use & easy to port in UE4.

Fuze seems a little lazy. I want to make some pretty cool stuff, anything else?

Well there is always Maya or 3Ds MAX, it would be more complex though, you would have to UV & rig it manually.

Edit: or this website, never tried it though… http://www.makehuman.org/

Hope one of those 3 helps you man!! :wink:

1 Like

Makehuman is the same sort of thing as Fuse I believe, so I don’t really think that’ll help (besides, I’m pretty sure the current TU playermodels are Makehuman ones; they look like the default models and the crotch verts aren’t skinned properly).

As for programs, you could use 3ds Max, Maya, Blender; pretty much anything that supports exporting to .FBX. I’ve heard Blender has some issues exporting due to unit conversions and stuff, but other than that there’s no specific program you should choose other than your own personal preference.

[quote=“IrZipher, post:2, topic:4112”]
can’t make complex playermodels
[/quote] I have to disagree with this… You can do a lot of small customizations like changing the size of eyes, changing the colours and fabrics of clothes and stretching the face. [quote=“IrZipher, post:2, topic:4112”]
but very easy to use & easy to port in UE4
[/quote] This part is true though.

[quote=“DrVivid, post:3, topic:4112”]
Fuze seems a little lazy
[/quote] You can be lazy with it and do the basics or get into detail like I do…

That’s not very complex compared to the capabilities 3DSMax or Maya.

1 Like

Agreed… But it’s still good :wink: