Please allow us to gift Tower Unite to other regions

Tower Unite is currently seeing it’s biggest discount ever during a Steam sale, and due to Valves extremely backwards policies, I for the first time in eight years cannot send games to my Australian friends: http://i.imgur.com/KLri7r6.png

Steam thinks gifting is reprehensible, it thinks the idea of me buying games for friends during a sale is disgusting, but I feel like PixelTail disagrees.

I want to support this game and it’s development, and I want to buy TU for my friends during this sale, but this ridiculous change now means the only way people can buy this game for their international friends is by turning to third party websites that return no revenue to the devs. I do not want to resort to that, I want the option to buy this game whilst seeing PixelTail earn every possible cent they can from the revenue.

Please find a way to remedy this.

Easy, give your friends some money by paypal and the they can buy the game on steam
PD: PixelTail can’t do anything about that

3 Likes

I imagine paypaling the cash would be a tedious process, especially with exchange rates. I also sincerely hope you are wrong about PixelTails inability to do anything.

I feel like it is their game and they should have some say over who can gift what. It’s their product, they are trying to sell it, I just want to buy it for a friend.

1 Like

pixeltail has no way of doing this unless they sold steam keys outside of steam

2 Likes

This was Steams decision, and while I think it’s an incredibly stupid rule on Steams part, they have final say since Pixeltail sells the game on Steam.

4 Likes

Why not allow people to buy the game from the Humble Store? It would allow people to gift Steam copies of the game with a gift link that bypasses Steams bullshit decision?

Plus, more revenue for Tower Unite.

3 Likes

These suggestions are used for in-game changes, not policies made by Steam corporation.

Pixeltail is not responsible for that.

1 Like

But they are responsible for the decision to sell the game on additional storefronts.

steam wouldn’t let them

In regards to other storefronts or gifting within Steam?

other storefronts

Educate me; why would Tower Unite be the exception when many other games are able to sell on stores beyond Steam (such as the Humble Store and Bundle Stars) with no issue?

I do wonder why Tower Unite is not on any other storefronts. Especially when with the Humble Widget they would retain 95% of proceeds.

This is Valve’s policy that was announced in their posting here, and we have no control over it.

We’ve also considered the Humble Store, but we have no plans currently to put our game on there. Humble Store is a completely new distributor that we would have to work with.

10 Likes

Hey Caboose, thank you for the response even if it is unfortunate that you have no influence over Valves policies concerning your own game.

I certainly do hope that you take advantage of the Humble Store in the future, because during this sale I planned to buy a lot of copies of your game for friends, and I would still like to do that.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, would it work for you to trade ingame items like keys from csgo or tf2 to your friends and have them sell the items on the market so that they have enough money for Tower Unite?