Piano player

Why even add GMT support?

1 Like

It was suggested by someone. So I thought, why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this!

2 Likes

Well, it’s more of GMod Playable Piano support, and there are still a good chunk of sandbox servers and stuff using it, so that’s probably why.

3 Likes

could you link me to a converter, i can’t seem to get any to work properly, they all just seem to play notes at random, no matter what i import

1 Like

@Light08
Glad you like it :slight_smile:
The next version will have support for the spacebar on drums, something the current version doesn’t handle.
Maybe I should change the name at some point, it’s pretty much an instrument player at this point :grin:

@Nate214
I don’t know of any converters as I haven’t used one myself yet. But maybe check the piano lesson sharing thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you add key combinations to start, stop, and pause the song? That way if we want to do any of those things we don’t have to tab out or go to the piano player window and have it spazz out while spamming keys.

Also, it doesn’t seem to be able to play black keys.

1 Like

I will have a try at the key bindings. :slight_smile:

I thought I fixed it so it would use black keys. I’ll have to look into that then.

2 Likes

Oh also the program doesn’t seem to auto focus on the game, could it have to do with the fact that i’m playing in windowed borderless?

1 Like

I have the same problem and I am looking into it.

It works fine if I use it on notepad, but the game refuses to go to focus, even in windowed mode.
So the code must work correctly… Might be something with permissions or something.

2 Likes

Well just put something in this post if you figure it out <3

1 Like

Well, I’m almost done with the keybinding system. That should make the problem less annoying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, it’s interesting to see another piano player being made. Looks like you’ve got some interesting features in this one too. Great job!

@Matias Are you aware there is already a TU Pianer? 5 weeks ago Reimu uploaded it to her Dropbox.

Also, 1-2 weeks ago I went through the gmod tower piano notes thread and copied over every single song that I could find. The only songs that I don’t have from the entire 44 page thread are the songs that were saved as pictures. I also went through the TU piano notes thread here, but there were far less to get.

I have literally every song aside from that. And it took me hours to gather them all. If you want me to upload all 750 songs, like my post and ask. I’ll send you a link. I’m going to post a thread with all of the songs if you want them. But to use all of my songs on your piano player you would have to implement the timings. All of the notes are there though.

I even have Gwyn, Lord of Cinder :smile:

6 Likes

I was not aware of the other player, no. I had an idea I couldn’t be the only one thinking about it :grin:

It would be nice to have access to the songs, that’ll give me some more material to test the program on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hehe, well thats okay, yours will be better in the long run. Reimu’s runs faster right now (since all of the sheet music is already setup), but yours will be a lot easier to use once you have more sheet music. :smiley:

I’m writing up the thread now and will edit this post with a download link when it’s done. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Now I just need the Flintstones theme, wish I could automate the notes but I tried the midi to sheet converter from GMT and that did not work out well.

2 Likes

Alright unitees.

Another update, this time adding more love for the drums!
You can add ‘½’ as a note to use the drum assigned to the spacebar.

Another new feature is keybinds. No longer will you need to tab in and out to play, or stop, a song. Only to change the notes or load a new one :wink:

I have been trying to make the program able to play the black keys all day. However, every attempt has been in vein so far. I will keep trying though!

3 Likes

Yet another update, unfortunately I couldn’t fix black keys in this update either :disappointed:

But!

I have implemented a system that lets you add up to 16 different delays with complete customization of character and delay. This will be very helpful to make perfect timings. I hope 16 different delays will be enough :wink:

All delay settings will be saved when you save the song, so when you load a song that is using the new custom delays it will be as simple as load and play!

Old saves will work with this version, however, new saves will not work on older versions. Please load and save your saves when you use the new version to convert to the new system :slight_smile:

I am still trying to find a solution for the black keys, if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to enlighten me as this is the major issue with the program at this time.

Enjoy!

1 Like

How are you doing the key presses? Are you basically running an auto macro program? If so are you sure you doing “shift press” “key press” “shift unpress”
also try adding some delay inbwteen key presses and key unpresses as a too short delay can cause the program to ignore the second button press. If this is the issue, then the reason that it works on white keys, is because it only checks for key presses, not key lifts, meaning you can do several consecutive key presses without ever actually lifting the button.
(sorry if this is all obvious, i don’t code myself)

1 Like

I tried this, but it just played them as normal notes. The weird thing is that my shift emulation worked for sprinting, but not for the piano :pensive:

The delays are all adjustable :slight_smile:

1 Like