Official Server Hosting

So… Will the official server end up being hosted better? They’re the first pick and they’re the only ones with AGC and yet, unofficial servers are hosted better. They don’t have bowling stutters or jetpack stutters or even monorail location misplacement. (P.S. Yes, I tried the officials with people and they’re still bad.)

they seem good to me

How many people are there in these unofficial servers when you are testing them? If it’s less than 10, that explains why. With more people, the server has to do more to accommodate them. When that occurs, things are less smooth.

We are constantly working on making the dedicated servers run as well as we can. At the end of the day though, you can only fix so much when it comes down to client ping.

Didn’t you notice how I said I tried the official severs with nobody else on and they were still not as good as they should be?

As I stated, you can only do so much when it comes to client lag. The location of the server relative to you has a big impact on how much stutter or lag you will be experiencing.

Do you happen to know the location of where the unofficial server was? Where the official server was?

Well they were both New York…

I’m actually having a similar problem. Ever since 0.2.0.0, the game has run terrible for me. I used to get 60 fps on all servers. Now, I’m getting 15-25 max. Was on last night in the New York 1 server (the closest server to me), my ping was 12 and it was so laggy that it was unplayable.

1 Like