"Odd Jobs"

So i’ve recently got back into TU and quickly realised that there was no real, get units quick strategy that was reliable and balanced. So i’ve decided on Odd Jobs, heres how it would work. NPCS would appear in the lobby and pressing E on them will provide a problem for the player to solve, for example “Help me keep the crabs away from my food!”. Below or next to the problem would be “Possible Profit” which would show the amount of units you would get on average for completing the job. If you press accept you would be sent to a Odd Job Server (or a map outside of the main lobby) and would have to do the specified task. Depending on your performance you will get a certain amount of units.

Thats it :D.

Sounds like the random events which were in GMT. They’ll be returning eventually.

6 Likes

This sounds like common MMO style quests. I don’t know if this will happen in Tower yet.

7 Likes

I’m not so sure this would work. The “jobs”, unless designed to be really fun (which on itself would be hard to do, since they’re limited by the “work” theme), would get stale really fast.

doesn’t everything get stale fast? I find the game a bit boring and gameworlds are more of a chore in my opinion. I feel like random events that you can’t activate whenever you want would make things more interesting, and give players more interesting things to do rather than constant gameworlds that can get boring fast due to a bit less replayability?

Random events will return, but they are suggesting quests from NPCs.

3 Likes

I actually think this would be pretty fun. as long as there were a fair number of jobs, I don’t think it would get boring. There could also be high scores or increasing difficulties depending on how many times you’ve done the minigame before. There could also maybe be a special item given to the player for completing it, which would appeal to people like me who just like collecting stuff.