My microphone ingame is too loud

Hello,

So recently I’ve been having this issue with Tower Unite where my microphone is way too loud when I use ingame voicechat. I recently installed a USB 3.0 expansion card on my computer and it did affect my microphone a bit, however it did not result in my microphone being loud in other programs like Discord. When I play online though, I’ve been hearing from a ton of people that my microphone is way too loud and I haven’t been able to fix it. I’m working on trying to get someone else to record a video because the microphone since it sounds just fine on my end.

I’ve lowed down my microphone volume through Windows, Steam and through my device as well with no avail, I’ve updated my drivers for my soundcard and microphone to no avail as well. I’ve also tried plugging my microphone into different USB ports but that hasn’t resolved the issue. I also haven’t heard complaints about the microphone in other games too, so I’m assuming it’s a TU related issue. Any advice?

1 Like

As far as sound and device management goes, I’d recommend getting Voicemeeter. It’s a program that allows you to manage how loud or quiet your levels are in one place, and lets you choose more input/output devices. It’s really great when you learn how to use it.

This really does sound like a problem with Unreal if you have gone through windows to check levels. What I’d recommend you do is go into your device properties here:

(You can do this without Voicemeeter, I have it so it gives me more recording options)

And when you’re there, navigate the tabs to “Levels”

Fiddle with the Gain a bit. You might want to turn it down, if you’re having loudness problems.

If that doesn’t fix, let me know what microphone you have.

2 Likes