My Inventory UI Redesign Suggestion(very detailed photoshop example)

Hello Pixeltail, after doing some extensive amount of building in dirt I thought of this new UI design due to a few key reasons most notably to keep the screen clear, at least in a center perspective that way long as you’re looking in the general direction of where you’re building you won’t be hindered by the UI as I’m building / dragging items out and placing as well as (in my opinion very much needed filter improvements)

Keep in mind I am in no way bashing the current design, it does it’s job, but it can be a bit ehhh,“finicky” I guess you could say, with that said I made a very detailed Photoshop example of what I would change it to if I could. Pretty much everything is drawn out with the best of my ability in a single Photoshop image showing off an enlarged glossy stealth design that , in my mind is more legible and user friendly to the builder, without further ado the image -

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/932680143327991890/C3B476806D35695E4AFE3895B38A56CFBE31C8A2/

I’m planning to completely redo the furniture part of the inventory UI so that more is shown and it’s easier to filter and search (with a search bar).

As it stands, I agree that it’s really hard to find items and work with it. I am also adding new tabs for common item types like furniture, media, canvases, and other special items.

2 Likes

Right on man. Thanks for the reply looking forward to future updates, was happy to hear you also felt same way.

3 Likes