Music/Rhythm based PvE Gamemode (Zombie Massacre Variant?)

I’ve had this game idea in the back of my head for a while and wasn’t sure if I should suggest it for TU but after thinking it fits the social atmosphere, there were already music-based objects in GMTower and some research cough showing me it probably wouldn’t be as challenging to the team as I initially guessed, I wanted to post it here. After all, it’s just a suggestion.

The idea is to have a Player vs Environment (Basically no real human enemies as in Singleplayer games, a coop experience) shooter/generic battle game in which the enemy strength, spawn rate, weapons, weapon efficiency is based on a music track running in the background. We already have a coop PvE game, Zombie Massacre, and I think it could be a fun variation of that.

Your skill would be determined less by aim and more by how well you understand the rhythm. It would be more forgiving than $INSTRUMENT hero because you don’t have to hit every note, you just need to know how they come and when to shoot what.

The following ideas are to give a general feel of what I have in mind, not final gameplay suggestions:

• Grenades with efficiency based on amount of bass. In quiet situations it’s a 1hp fart. Can fail or be a funny finisher. If you throw it just in time to explode with the drop, it’s a fricken nuke.
  • The guitar solo makes the army of small annoying enemies spawn so the players better prepare their widespread guns!
  • You know the Dubstep gun from Saints Row?
  • The enemies are all still there but the track is chilly? Use the shield and know when to drop it and return to firing!
  • The slow, single note epic section just before the drop enables the slow-mo moment to finish the enemy just about to attack you and get into position for the big shots the drop invites to fire.
7 Likes

Interesting concept. I dont know how everybody would like it but I want to see where this could go.

gamedev challenge right here

This would be rad. I’d definitely like to see this in game.

This is pretty neat! :smile: