More moderation of player action?

Rip, too late, edited my previous comment to respond if you feel up to reading it. If not, all good.

The problem is that itā€™s not like a tf2 server where itā€™s a community within an already-established community, we have to build it up on our own.

So allowing people to have free reign on whatever they say within the public servers is going to end poorly. No matter what. This isnā€™t a matter of whether or not n*gger can be acceptable and whether or not people should get offended by it, itā€™s a matter of making good impressions and keeping a steady population. Itā€™s much smarter to appeal to a massive audience of people who are rather uncomfortable with edgy humor in the long run.

From what I understand your point is people who are mods tend to have a delusional sense of power, and so people can be uncensored, therefore we should avoid implementing moderation entirely. The first point comes entirely down to the person you choose, and the second I do agree with, but thereā€™s no real restriction with it. You imply scenarios that involve a Stalin-esque moderator that you have to tread very lightly around, but moderating comes down entirely to the moderator. We canā€™t completely remove a very necessary system just because of the potential for abuse.

11 Likes

Thank you, couldnā€™t have said this better myself.

I dislike this. People should be free to say what they want.

1 Like

They can say what they want, but people should also be able to manage what they see and have an expectation of what type of chat theyā€™re going to view.

1 Like