Modding potential?

Hey all,

I’m new around here and I was just wondering if this game has or will have (in near future) potential for modding + addons?

I’m extremely interested in forming a life mod on this game.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi,
Tower Unite will have workshop support in the future so you will be able to use your own playermodels and furniture

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I more mean the ability to completely mod the game. I’d love to develop an RP Mode for the game, this game has everything required to be an awesome RP mode.

1 Like

Probably not quite on that level I’m afraid. The workshop support has been confirmed so far to support custom playermodels, condo furniture and possibly maps for the existing gameworlds.

That sucks haha. I think the interest levels of this game would be increased greatly if there was an RP mod.

If the dev’s see this and want to discuss the possibility of RP Mods, get in touch with me via this thread. Me and my team are happy to do the leg work.

Not sure if workshop support is going to be quite enough.

4 Likes

Perhaps at this point you could contruct a rp map in your condo! and then try doing it there while you wait.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’d be sufficient. Not sure what kind of RP OP’s talking about, but you usually need commands like /me and /it, character descriptions, inventory systems, etc.

2 Likes

I feel that the game would have to release before even thinking about successfully allowing RP’s in the game.

But feel free to try when community condos comes out, I think its a good idea!

yeah would be neat since you can create a own plaza server…

That feature was removed a long time ago.

1 Like

Has there been any change on this? :stuck_out_tongue: Still keen.

Beyond all the Workshop features added (And the ones that are still planned to be added), this just isn’t the kind of game designed to be a conduit for mods. It’s very far from GMod, or even VRChat, and is a much more focused experience.

They’re are okay with light mods (For example there was a recent custom music mod made), however a full mod like you’ve implied would almost definitely never be supported or approved by the devs, and you might as well start from scratch with Unreal Engine (If I’m reading correctly).

All that was a little negative, but on the positive side, Community Condos will be a huge jump for the social aspect of the game, and allow people to be connected and create custom spaces with a lot of freedom.

However, in the best case scenario, I would describe this as “GMod Lite”, and wouldn’t have the same amount of customization as something like GMod/DarkRP.

If you want to fully overhaul the experience, that might not be possible, the game isn’t really designed for that. However, customization and new features will allow for some really neat things in Condos, and if that’s enough, it’s only a matter of time (Community Condos are the next major task in development after the Arcade).

5 Likes