[ul][li]Cardā€™s description was updated.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

Wo.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

:clap::clap::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::upside_down:

1 Like

What had happened that ā€œbroke everythingā€ @Madmijk

Iā€™d rather have the gameworld be playable with the risk of a cheater, then keeping it the way it is. Itā€™s unplayable, the host has an advantage and the only way to get units is to play the gameworld with people. Too bad the host is the only one who will have fun.

http://upload.mikusch.org/AUMxRC7.mp4

Hereā€™s the sneak peak. Couldnā€™t find the old thread

This one I guess: GLXY Music pulse

Remember that this game is in Early Access. IIRC they are working on fixing the lag issues.

Oh my gosh! Boop blocks looks /and/ sounds awesome! Iā€™m so excited right now, I canā€™t even express it fully.

Please donā€™t go off topic. This is not the place to talk about how Ball Race networking works. Iā€™ve made a lengthy post about it already.

Itā€™s not an easy thing to solve and weā€™re working on it. Thatā€™s the official statement.

Itā€™s also not just about cheaters. Making it clientside opens up other issues like how to handle the buttons, how to handle payouts, how to handle a lot of things, and weā€™d have to recode our networking from the ground up.

Please stop thinking cheating is a small thing that we can easily prevent. Cheating is a legitimate concern because client authoritative means you can easily run a few commands and tell everyone youā€™ve finished the map and get instant payouts forever. It would make cheating a LOT easier. Yes, there are cheaters right now, but this would make it even worse.

You canā€™t verify physics simulation from the client on the server. The physics simulation is non-deterministic, meaning itā€™s pretty random and you canā€™t predict what it does.

Also for Virus read:

3 Likes

Keep in mind that the song in the video is not final, but yeah the level looks pretty.

1 Like

Yeah, I realized that later, it still looks great though!

2 Likes

Doesnt matter when this comes out frankly: Iā€™ll crush itā€™s times into the ground like Iā€™ve done for the other maps.

[ul][li]ā€œMore playtestingā€ has been checked off on the ā€œChecklistā€ checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

oo boy

sOON

This level is gonna be hard like midori

Just a heads up, this map requires fast response time in regards to physics, because you will be running on blocks that appear and disappear. As a result, it is currently very hard to play (or unplayable in some levels) when you suffer from a moderately high ping.

With this in mind, the map will be released as soon as we get our new Ball Race physics prediction stuff thing implemented (or whatever we will end up doing to make Ball Race great again). How long this will take, I cannot tell. But it is not an option to release this map around this time, as it would only have acceptable gameplay in singleplayer mode. Please understand.

Other than that, the other devs say that the map is very hard, but clearly they just need to git gud.

10 Likes