Mac Support

I’m not sure how easy or possible it would be, but I would love to see tower unite available to play on a mac as well. I have a mac for work purposes but I play games on it as well and I always get excited when there are good games on multiple platforms.

Mac support is planned, but probably won’t be seen until near the end of EA for reasons I can’t particularly recall (something about needing to buy a Mac to compile it on, learning how to do all the stuff, debugging between different platforms, etc. In the meantime, you could consider dual-booting Linux and trying the currently available Linux beta (which has its fair share of bugs, but at least it’s playable).

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that this is the main reason there isn’t a Mac build right now. This is because officially supporting non-Windows builds means that there needs to be more time put into bug hunts since a bug might be present on one OS that isn’t on another, thus slowing down the development process. This is why the Linux build is strictly an opt-in beta which is advertised as not being fully supported; I’d guess that the reason there isn’t an opt-in Mac build is because no one at Pixeltail has a Mac.

The idea is that, once TU has most of its features completed and polished, the Mac and Linux builds will be officially added and released.