Lore of TU - "The Tower Unite Project"

Here’s my interesting take on the lore of Tower Unite. I want to write a complete story, so I’ll be updating this post as I write more.
Note that althought the first chapter will be through the perspective of “Dr. Howard Burke”, that chapter is meant to be viewed like it’s being played from a TV or etc. The rest will be from the perspective of a researcher reviewing the project.

Chapter One - Orientation

Welcome! My name is Dr. Howard Burke, I am the lead scientist here working on the Tower Unite project. If you are reading this, you are a recipient of an invitation to come and take part in our research temporarily. Let me give you an overview of our project. Now, you may be wondering. What exactly do we research/develop here? Well, our project is to develop a fictional island resort as an interactive and immersive simulated world for our test subjects. We study their thoughts, actions, and beliefs while they spend time in said world. The world we have created consists of a large central hub coined “The Plaza”, a variety of different areas of personal space ranging from residential areas to flat land, and more. We also have presented our test subjects with a variety of interactive games they can partake in that all posses a different core function. We call these the gameworlds. For example, Ball Race consists of two basic and core principles. Competition, and confinement. Same with Virus, danger and teamwork. We use these game worlds to further pinpoint our research on specific areas of thought that these worlds hone in on. Although they all have some form of obvious fiction possessed in them, the level of realism that comes with the sensory input they experience allows their brains to experience a unique form of Cognitive Dissonance in which they tend to ignore the world’s flaws and fiction, mistaking them for being normal parts of everyday life. You will be researching how they act in these worlds over the next week.

What you decide to focus on is your decision.

Will add more soon!

8 Likes

Nice idea.

But don’t you think it should be in community showcase.

huh, pretty neat i guess.

The thought of TU having some kind of story behind it sounds like an amazing idea but i’m gonna go ahead and be an a-hole for a second and say that the whole “secret experiment simulation” plot has been done to death. Unless you do something outstanding with this it might not get the attention you desire, but hey you at least have one fan :grinning:.

I WILL keep an eye out for your future installments and wish you the best of luck but that’s just my very unpopular and unbidden opinion.

1 Like

I moved this to community showcase reply to this message if you object to my decision.

I think it belongs in general, because he’s not really showcasing anything related to gameplay, and it’s mostly conjecture and his own imagination.

I think it belongs here because the category is for things that have to do with TU in an artistic way.