Laser Tag is part of Lobby 100%. The only "load" is loading the arena, but it's done seamlessly and you stay on the same server.
Laser Tag introduced some interesting problems, which are now solved.
Laser Tag is the first Lobby game (and not the last) to completely override the Lobby HUD and Lobby controls. It is what I call a phase 2 Lobby game.
Laser Tag is also the:
- First shooter game in Tower that has full movement controls (jumping, crouch, and sprinting are all enabled)
- First PVP game in Tower
- First Lobby game that you do not sit down for while waiting or playing
- First Lobby game with spectating
- First Lobby game with teams (up to 4)
- First Lobby game that completely isolates and immerses players into a separate part of the Lobby
Laser Tag is a great demonstration of the immensely flexible gamebase that Tower Unite has (albeit with overhaul changes done in previous patches).