Laser tag changes are great, thanks Mac

Appreciate you listening to my suggestions, Laser Tag feels like it moves at a way more reasonable pace now, and it feels like there is a degree of strategy to the gameplay.

EDIT: Mac.

5 Likes

I’m just glad they changed the lifts into teleporters.

…They’re jump pads though.

I thought the changelog said they were teleporters? Maybe I misread something.

2 Likes

*Mac

also thank god they’re not teleporters, just imagine the camping

also yes the changes are great

3 Likes

The jump pads are nice but the rest of the game play doesn’t feel as good to me personally. I actually quite enjoyed the fast paced arena shooter style game play more for it and I feel like it’s less obvious when you’ve hit someone now. Before there was a satisfying noise now there’s just a small red X that appears on them? Either way it’s not something I see myself playing often but if others like the changes then that’s good at least.

3 Likes

The fast paced style didn’t feel like laser tag for one, and it truthfully felt like a spam based mess that was turning people off immediately on launch. With the slower pace and limited clip it feels like there is a lot more time to place shots, although bringing the sound based hit indication back isn’t a bad idea.

I don’t feel like the current netcode/hit registration lends itself well to slower paced gunplay personally. Also irl laser tag always involved lots of running around firing a heck of a lot of lasers where I grew up. This feels closer to airsoft to me personally. I do enjoy slow paced tactical games like CSGO and this doesn’t really come close to enjoyable tactical gameplay in comparison. Plus aesthetics and map design feel more well suited to an arena shooter (though I’m probably showing my age by even referring to arena shooters haha).

My opinion does appear to be the minority which is totally fine, I was just sharing a counter viewpoint and if most people prefer the changes then I’d say keep them/refine them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from with most of your arguments, but if we’re talking realism, the current version is much closer to RL. You don’t see people jumping all over lasertag arenas at top sprinter speeds and shooting accurately at the same time.

As for my personal opinion, I prefer the new version. It doesn’t feel like an absolute clusterfuck of jumping around and spamming left mouse button, but like an actual lasertag-like shooter.

1 Like

That’s totally fair, I haven’t been to laser tag in many years (almost a decade) so my memory is a bit hazy on it. You’re right about the lack of jumping for sure but I feel like spamming lasers was a staple part of it. I remember they had recharge ammo points but they were rarely enabled. I’ll play some more games of the new update and see if I just need to adjust for it more.

This is actually a bug.

1 Like

Oh, that’s good to know, the sound design of laser tag is amazing and hearing that sound was just so satisfying, I look forward to its return.