(just asking) how close am i of getting regular?

Just asking, can somebody like @macdguy Tell me how close am i?

This certainly explains the… plentiful of posts you’ve been doing. I won’t be telling you how far are close you are, mainly because its not really possible to find out.

However, its not related to how many posts you create. Its more than that.

13 Likes

One would assume, it’s also related to how well they follow the rules, help out fellow user, etc.?

Regular is an automated thing. There’s a certain criteria you have to meet and maintain, as I used to be regular but no longer.
Here’s the criteria:

Regular (3)

Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

9 Likes

I actually know about that the (number of posts)

I was wondering about this for a long time. When I earned the regular badge it was a complete surprise, I had no idea what you had to do to earn it. This was my schedule though:

• Read all new topics
  • Try to make a post every day or two
  • Give out likes (They’re free!)

I did this for a few months and one day the regular badge appeared.

10 Likes

What I do is keep the forums open on a tab and check whenever I have free time

4 Likes