I've been having a Discord problem

Whenever I launch Discord, it tells me it doesn’t detect any audio input device, even though I have one plugged in, and Skype works just fine, so I don’t really understand what’s happening, and to be honest, this has almost driven me insane. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? And before you ask, yes, I’ve set Discord to use the mic I have plugged in, and it still refuses to work.

Are you using Voice Activation or Push To Talk? Switching between the two on the desktop application fixed the problem for me.

A friend had suggested that idea to me before, and it didn’t work. However, I closed Skype earlier, which inexplicably seemed to fix Discord. Computers are weird…

EDIT: Except it didn’t fix Discord at all.

skype’s not very nice so it bullies discord into not working. I’ve had similar issues

1 Like

Go into Settings > Voice > Quality of Service
Make sure “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” is unchecked

That didn’t work either. Literally nothing works, i’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled Discord and it still doesn’t fix the issue. I guess no Discord for me then.

I’d try asking Discord themselves via their twitter or their server. Sorry

Right-click Volume Control in the task bar > Recording Devices > Select the recording device and click “Set Default”

A lot of people like to just right click a device and set default comm device, which only make it semi-priority. This ensures it is fully the default.

I did that, and it doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

I’m starting to think my PC doesn’t like me.