Incorporating upcoming minigames + current into a Mario Party style game?

Since we have a bunch of mini-games coming up, plus utilizing existing ones such as a hole of golf, a single track of ball race), etc, how about utilizing those components and adding in a board game like Mario Party that uses all of this?

It would mostly come down to creating the board and functions for it, and maybe a few extra mini-games that would be backwards compatible with the lobby minigames, a 2 for 1 deal.

Minigames that could be used for this mode:
-1-3 frames of bowling
-Planet Panic/Lazer tag for modes 2v2 (or 3v3, etc)
-Round of Virus for 1v3 (or 1v4, etc, with powered up zombie)
-Hole of minigolf
-Upcoming minigames
-Round of ball race (either 1st or collect most melons)
-Typing Derby round

You get the idea o: Idea wise it sounds simple enough as you essentially have all the game bits created, just need the board aspect.

Not sure it’d really fit but I do like it.

I find TU to be a giant minigame in itself, the idea would be a cohesive way to tie the aspects together into one thing. Also rather than play in one thing for 15 mins, you get to taste all the different elements, while playing a minigame in itself.

I would push for DDR too, under the same reason of party game.

Something to consider for the devs, something I would really consider from a marketing perspective as Steam lacks anything like that really, and MP games have a pretty popular history in the couch co-op design (read as internet + voice chat by todays standards) :3

A nice idea! This kind of reminds me of @EnjoyCookies’ suggestion on another thread:

I thought it was a good way to “bring back” Elevator: Source while giving it an actual purpose within TU rather than being a one-trip nostalgia novelty. Really, though, any sort of “minigame rush” style gameworld would be fine by me, and being a mix of already available games would make it a prime way to introduce players to the various activities present in TU without having to commit to playing through the game fully. Since everything already pays out round by round, the payouts are already set.

There are only a couple things I don’t quite like with your idea. First, I don’t think there really needs to be a board or any overall scoring. It could be cool, but I think it might be better to just do a rush of various minigames (but that’s just me). The other potential problem is loading times, since the minigames are so different and would likely require loading into different maps.

5 Likes