I am currently trying to make one of the most important decisions in my life

I need help, deciding… Console, or PC gaming.

I am in the verge of crisis. I have been saving up for quite a long time now, and I currently have 130 dollars in my budget.
Now, here are the two things I can do.

#1. I can keep saving up for a Gaming PC, which, if I do go that route, it will cost me around $1,200.

#2. I can keep with my console route, and (Because one of the big reasons I want a Gaming PC, instead of a console, is so I can use a Keyboard and Mouse.), buy an XIM4, if you don’t know what that is, look it up. But long story short it connects to your xbox and you can plug a keyboard and mouse into it, and bam. I can use keyboard and mouse with really good support with most games. The XIM4, costs about $125.

So, I can either, use all my money, and keep with the console. Or I can keep saving up for a Gaming PC, which will take a VERY long time, probably 1-2 years, and by then there will probably be even more and better computer components, not to mention more expensive.

What should I do!?

• OPTION ONE!
  • OPTION TWO!

0 voters

Edit- I forgot to mention that because I have already been using console for pretty much my whole life (I’m 14.), all of my progress on a lot of games will be lost, I will have to start ALL over on all of the games that I have invested months of time into, not to mention buy them again.

I’m not going to vote because it’s your choice. Just look at the pros and cons of each and figure out which one is more appealing to you.

I’ve always preferred PC because of the added customizability of just about everything, but there’s always the drawback of things inexplicably not working (something very rare on consoles). Another nice thing about PCs is that (at least for desktops) you can always incrementally upgrade to keep with the times (not to mention that a good gaming PC can last you for a long time); consoles are sure to work for any given game on their system, but once the industry moves forward you’re going to need to buy the next generation if you’re looking for new games. That said, consoles are a lot easier to set up and are much more local multiplayer friendly. I’m certainly biased towards PCs (that’s what I use, after all), but that’s not to say that consoles don’t have their merits.

As for losing your progress, you don’t need to refund everything you have if you don’t want. It’s perfectly reasonable to keep a console and a gaming PC around, especially if you really want to keep your progress (or just want to play a game without buying it again).

4 Likes

if you look at it PC will actually cost you less because sure the first computer if you want a really good one it will cost you a lot but it will last you awhile and with console they tend to make you buy a new one in a few years and all the games tend to cost $60 where you can possibly get sales and more available games on pc that are not even on console plus mods are so much easier to get on pc for games if you are into that. Thats my thoughts.

1 Like

Depending on what specs you wish to use, a good up to date gaming PC will always cost you between 1k and 2k, more if you want to beef it up, less if you know what you want and how to buy cheap. Also once one part is old enough to be upgraded, you don’t have to buy a whole new PC.

Well on PC you could see where the savegames are and back them up. PCGW can tell you where they are saved.

A quick Google search reveals that you might even have a chance to download your console savegames and use them on the PC so you don’t have to restart everything.

The decision to become a PC user is one of accepting the responsibility of setting up your own machine in exchange for the freedom of being in control of it. It lets you mod your games, introduces you to amazing levels of backwards compatibility, not to mention that it’s an universal powerful computing device so if you want to start with something like video editing, all you have to do is install the software.

1 Like

Warning: The following post was written by a so called PC master race “elitist”.

There’s no reason to pick a console over a PC. After all, a console is a PC, just with all the good stuff stripped down and featuring some “exclusive” (read: held hostage) games. Here’s the “official” PCMR Why PC? guide. If it looks too expansive (I mean, that’s because there are so many more reasons to pick PC), just read the titles on the right, or the very first section, which is essentialy a TLDR.
And yes, a PC can be cheaper than a console, yet surpass it in performance.