I've had this issue now for over a month, I put it off to the inventory issues that came up but it's still at it.
When I place an item, nothing shows for a stupendously long time. It used to be instantly as it is still for many players, I've had condos with 9000+ items where it was instant, then suddenly it became delayed. Now to the point of sometimes taking over a minute to appear. Video for demonstration(you should probably skip, whole video is waiting for 1 item to load).
You'll see I'm on Linux, but it happens on Windows too, some friends have also got this delay on Windows, so not just me.
What I know so far;
- Began over a month ago for me.
- Doesn't matter if the map is empty or not, any map, even if you remove all condo files. Fireworks in the plaza are also delayed when placing.
- When the item finally appears, I have like 3 seconds of "instant" placement, I can get about 3-6 items down, then it suddenly takes forever to load again.
- I have nearly 24k items total, but friends that experience this have less than me, and I remember placing items distinctly working fine at 22k items at least.
- Equipping items like jetpack, guns & pets etc. are also delayed, sounds related.
I hope someone can shed light on this, it's not just me, but you can see how frustrating it can be to build, in fact it prevented me building for over a month now because it's depressing. Half of building is waiting, the video is the worst it happened yet, it's usually around 10-15 seconds to appear.