How would speedrunning Tower Unite work?

I watched some AGDQ videos earlier and this ultimately crossed my mind. Could you even speedrun TU? A 100% speedrun would probably take longer then an Animal crossing 100% speedrun, while just trying to earn a certain amount of units quickly could probably be done in a day, or you could try and play through all of the gamemodes as fast as possible?

Does anyone else have any ideas for making a TU speedrun work? Because for some inane reason, the idea of speedrunning TU sounds interesting to me.

I mean, you really can’t speedrun something that doesn’t end.

4 Likes

it would be like speedrunning club penguin, getting banned as fast as possible

16 Likes

the only thing you could really do right now is ballrace

5 Likes

Just gotta scream the N wo-- wait that doesn’t work. What about telling everyone how much you want to pleasure an anim-- No? Hmm… I think this will be harder than we think.

6 Likes

Possibly once achievements get implemented you could get all of them?

1 Like

Maybe getting the Cosmic Catsack would count as beating the game

1 Like

True 100%:
Getting all catsacks, Completing all maps in Ball Race. Completing All GOlf Maps Without any bogeys, Winning a jackpot, All the achievments(when they come out), etc.

I don’t think speedruning TU as a whole will ever be a thing.
But you could technically speedrun getting all achievements/milestones or certain amount of units.

2 Likes

Doesn’t stop people from speedrunning Pokemon.

For TU you would most likely have to divide the game into specific categories/gamemodes, like banned% or minigolf Garden any%.

I mostly see speedrun in Ballrace

Ballrace is probably the closest thing we have that is possible to speed run right now. There’s even a speedrun page for it

9 Likes

I’m sure we could speed run the Zombie Massacre campaigns when they come out.

2 Likes

buying everything possible