Hosting Dedicated Server on Windows Problems

Hi
So I came across this game because me and my friends and the community really love good golf games and want to play this as the golf is fantastic but on a community hosted server which I’m happy to do and have been trying to setup, I’ve looked everywhere for the issue I’ve been having and that I can’t find that anyone has found an answer to? So I’ve followed the developer guide on this forum and on the steam forums aswell, however I seem to be getting '[STEAM] SteamApps Interface Not Loaded as have others but haven’t seen an answer :frowning: if anyone knows how to solve this it would be good because its a great game and some of us stream too and would love to bring more people over to this!!

The server is a dedicated box sat behind a pfsense firewall (if that makes any difference) and I’ve been hosting Killing Floor 2, Ark, CS:GO, L4D2 servers all fine so I don’t think its a networking problem which is what the developer seems to suggest. Its Windows Server platform, and I’ve noticed that there are several player hosted servers and wonder if at this time its only other OS’s that are properly supported which I would potentially be interested in looking into.

Thanks,

SN :slight_smile:

The community servers are plaza servers, not game world servers…

1 Like

I meant the people I play with want to play on a community hosted server to lower ping, I can get the server running and I can see it on my LAN on a separate machine but its not listed in the lobby browser :confused: and over my LAN I can’t connect to it either

Anyone? Happy to be told I’m doing something wrong, or it only currently works on Linux to be listed in the lobby browser and I’ll set one up, really enjoy the game and want to bring more people to it

I’m also getting the same problem, my server is listed on steam server browser, but the in game lobby browser