(Hopefully) quick question about dedicated server setup

I have followed the guide(s) posted both here on the forums, as well as the updated guide on the steamcommunity forums and I am still having some trouble getting a dedicated server going.

I’m trying to run the server (for now) on the same computer/account I’m running the regular game on, but the -nosteamclient modifier isn’t working.

It’s in my .exe target, as well as if I run it straight from a CMD line, but when I run the server exe it still puts my steam account into game, which means I cant run the game to join.
exe shortcut
cmd line run

If I run the game first, and then run the server executable, it crashes out siting gameserver API. The proper ports are forwarded (see here)

Am I doing something wrong or does the -nosteamclient not work anymore? Do I need to buy the game a second time on a different account so I can tie it to the dedicated server?

Thanks for the help!

Small update: I noticed tu4 was TCP and not UDP, this has been corrected but the problem still exists.

You must use a different computer for all dedicated servers in order to play on the server.

Can I use the same steam account/game or do I need to purchase it a 2nd time?

Yeah, it isn’t your steam account hosting it, you only add yourself as an admin.

1 Like

Did this solve your problem?