Heyo! I'm uh, Etmer!

Heyo everyone! > w <

So some of you might have already seen me around, but I thought it would be a good idea to make a proper introduction. My name is Etmer! I’m just some dude that’s an aspiring 3D animator and cares a lot about his friends! My most popular work revolve around SFM shorts, like Winglet’s “Zero to Hero” and the 2014 Saxxy Awards entry “Jewel Escapade”. I’m actually a really shy guy but I’m always trying to get out of my shell to socialize with other people, and I can talk about anything! When I’m out of my shell I can be a really hyper guy that sometimes talk too much.

I’ve played GMT during the Lobby 2 days (edit, I think also the Lobby 1 days too), and I racked up about 148 hours on the server. I was able to get most of the achievements, and I got all of the minigame milestones (my favorite being the Chimera pet). After I completed everything at the time and got everything I ever really wanted, I stopped playing and moved on to other games. I did hear about the Tower Unite kickstarter though, and I really contemplated whenever I should back the project or not. I decided not to, because a lot of kickstarter projects I saw at the time were failing at achieving their promises. At the time, I generally adopted a skeptical view of any video-game kickstarter. I do regret that now though! I really wished I backed the project, and I’m really glad to see how far this game went. The game developers really do seem to care a lot about this game, and it really does motivate me to learn and get better at my craft so I might work in such a team one day.

Although I don’t play Tower Unite everyday, I still enjoy meeting new people and hanging out! Feel free to visit my steam profile here http://steamcommunity.com/id/etmer/ and etc, thanks guys! > w <

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!
Enjoy your stay!

And don’t regret your decision with the Kickstarter/IngieGoGo fundraisers. It’s perfectly valid to be cautious with game projects (especially with something as ambitious as TU), so you didn’t make the “wrong” decision. As you noted, there are a LOT of failed/abandoned projects out there; if you needed to wait to see some results before taking the dive, that’s perfectly normal and not something to feel bad about. As long as you’re having fun now, I’d say it worked out to your benefit. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome!:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

welcome :smiley:

edit: just noticed that you live kinda near me lol

1 Like

Oh really? Where do you live? xP I don’t know anyone who lives down here in Washington, let alone Everett (I live down in the south end of it). Most of em live in a state such as California and only once in a few years does a friend come over here to tour around the area.

2 Likes

i’m in Seattle

1 Like

Oh cool, alright! I actually used to work down there but I’m going through a sort of work hiatus for now >w<;

1 Like

Welcome, fellow GMT player!

1 Like

Welcome to the Tower! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.