Halloween Event Rant (and a Desperate Plead)

I hate this event. I just want a ghost. That is all. I have now spent about 6-8 hours doing the Forgotten Remains Event getting an decent amount of remains every 30 minutes when the event starts. I haven’t gotten a single ghost.
People say “Oh its the rarity” Then how do most people have at least one ghost after their first few tries within an hour or two?

But here is what I do have:
2 Throw-able Cleavers
9 Spooky Guns
7 Throwing Knifes
22 Jack-O-Lanterns
20 Evil Cauldrons
16 Eyeballs

It is so annoying spending hours of your time trying to get something while others get 8 of the item you want while you get nothing you want. If I was working on this game I would implement a trading system for this event where you could trade in a certain amount of duplicates for something you would actually use. For instance, I am pretty sure I don’t need 9 Spooky guns or 7 throwing knifes when you can only use one at a time. And yes, I do know they are intending to implement a steam market/trading system so people can trade with each other. The trading system I said was just for the current event as a somewhat replacement.

So here is what I have to say. If any devs or people working on TU in general see this, lets make a deal. I’ll give you 1 throw-able cleaver, 8 spooky guns, and 6 throwing knifes if you could give me in return at least 1 mini ghost pal since this is all I wanted from this event.

I may be coming off like a hard ass, but when you wait bored in the lobby for hours and hours just grinding bowling waiting 20-30 minutes just waiting for the scavenge event so you can go and scavenge as many Forgotten Remains as possible before the guy with speed shoes and 7 ghosts dashes pass you just so you get a chance at getting an item you want. It really stresses you out and gives you a throbbing headache.

1 Like

First of all, I’m pretty sure speed shoes don’t help all that much (due to the 10 second cooldown).
Otherwise, I mostly agree. If the events are just time-limited versions of Spintowin, there probably should be an option to trade your winnings, either with other people, or NPCs.

Thank you! I am happy to hear people agree with me. This has been so stressing. I feel like I’m getting a massive headache over all of this. I just wish it would let me trade in my unwanted (and useless) duplicates for ghosts!

Just an update I managed to finally get surprisingly 2 ghosts

Well I’m not sure about the rarity of the ghosts, but I do think that you shouldn’t be able to get multiple throwing cleavers/knives since there’s really no need for more than one. Maybe it could just give you 1k units or whatever the sell price is.

Pretty sure the sell price for them is 1k…

Right, but it should give you 1k units directly instead of giving you another pair of throwing knives you don’t need. Either that or just skip the chances for throwing knives/cleavers entirely.

1 Like

Yeah to be fair I only wanted 1 Ghost pet and 1 of each usable item but ended up with like 14 Spooky Guns, 4 Knives, 6 Ghosts and 0 Cleavers, and i spent hours getting those. Not once getting a nightmare crab whilst some people had 3 but had 0 ghost pets.
It’s pretty annoying

Did eventually get a nightmare crab though by change from Trick or Treating so I’m not too upset, but the drop chances are really ridiculous.

If only we could combine our duplicates for a chance of something nice :thinking:

2 Likes

It could help the exclusives item problem by being able to trade them…
Considering the items are worth around 1k which for exclusive items that’s not very great, and since they are exclusive they would be worth much more in trading and such.

This all to me just further highlights the need for trading.

With the ticket system they are building for the arcade maybe they can come up with something similar for events? Trade in unwanted prizes for a few tickets and save them up for some of the rarer drops? Make them require a large amount of tickets so you’re still having to partake in the events. Maybe even give tickets as a bonus drop for events as well for people who want a large amount of the Halloween decorations for building purposes.

That said it is still very early in the event and I’m sure you’ll have plenty of chances to get the item you want so it might be a little early to speak. It’d be good if the price of the duplicate rare items was increased a little too to make hanging around in the Lobby participating a little more rewarding.

That’s RNG for you, i collected over 80 remains just so i could get 1 Throwing Cleaver. In that time i got 10 ghost pets, I must admit i was close to raging trying to get that cleaver so i know the feeling.

Soon™ (I’m sorry you had such a hard time getting those spooks my friend).

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

The event literally just came out, a bit early to be complaining about not getting anything don’t you think? At minimum the event will last a week and that’s a hell of alot of time to get everything, just because you did not get it day one does not mean that you never will get it on the following days.

Along with that, it’s the nature of RNG and Exclusive items, something that is very important to a game like this. In TU the only thing you can really brag about or collect are the items and giving certain holiday exclusive items a rarity rewards the more dedicated players and collectors. I personally have a collector itch and I love events like these because of how satisfying it is to finally get everything, however with a duplicate system in place, to me atleast, it would feel cheap and much more like a grind. At that point it’s no longer special or exclusive because everyone just traded in the more common items for it, it’s not a big deal anymore.

TL:DR - Exclusivity and rarity make the items feel special and reward the more dedicated players and collectors, dupe system just makes it cheap.

2 Likes

I agree with you I spent an hour trying to get the cleavers and the knifes but I only got duplicates. I did not get upset it was fun to grind and when it came to waiting I simply did something else till something interesting happens. The only things that made me upset is that some people where extremely toxic and complained when they did not understand the event. Also the forgotten remains not being registred.

so i am one of the people that have speed shoes but they dont help with the event because as soon as the notification came up tha the event was going to start everyone rushed to the beaches. But the way i got all my ghosts were that i noticed that no one went to the beach behind The Stray. (this was the day the event started so im not sure if people now go there when the event starts but thats how i got all mine)

I’d say it gives you a slight advantage just because once all the gravestones from one beach are collected, there’s plenty more on the opposite side of the map, which can sometimes take a while to get to for those without speed shoes. However, with the cooldown time being so long the only advantage it really gives you is being the first to get 1 grave (maybe 2 if you’re lucky) before someone without speed shoes gets there.

Speed shoes should be disabled if the event start or is near the event imo

As a non-backer and someone who’s been playing this event for about 15 hours or so since it’s release, on a full server of 40 people my record of remains is 17, on a slightly less populated server of about half as many players it’s 21. The more you do the remains event the more you start to see the patterns of where people start vs a number of tombstone clusters that spawn because of x amount of players. It’s all about watching, trying something new, and executing that. Once you do this it won’t matter if you have speed shoes or not.

2 Likes