Half Life 3's Story Released by Valve's Head Writer

So after all these years and memes, it’s finally come down to this. Marc Laidlaw, one of Valve’s very own writers uploaded what would have been Episode 3’s story to his website and github. I’d love to see what other people think of this and what Valve plans to do now besides make a card game.

10 Likes

It would appear we’ve finally waited for 10 years! Nice!

Well, this is very surreal, I never thought i’d see the day we would finally get some closure on this story.

Apparently this news story was so important that I got two different notifications about it on my phone, for some reason.

just asking, after hearing the news, who here is still looking forward to a valve release of any kind (left4dead, the 3 vr titles, or something else entirely)

I guess this doesn’t change a thing for Valve. Except for their Franchise being talked about again.

:cry:

I knew this was coming, but goddammit

1 Like

Also, one thing OP doesn’t mention- the original version on Marc’s website has various names replaced (ex. Gertie Fremont), the github version is a fan “translation”.

I started to give no more fucks about half life 3, Its been 10 years and i started to see more better things to do than play video games.

1 Like

But you play Tower Unite.

1 Like

I think you misread the original message, he has better things to do than PLAY video games like discussing them.

Honestly who knew, we all know how long it has been.
What if they made the sequel just like Episode 2, with more tons of dead ends and cliffhangers making us want a Half-Life 4, and then 5, and then 6…