Free Game: Guns of Icarus Online

If you like team-based PVP steampunk airship battles, you’ve got very specific tastes and a stroke of luck. Guns of Icarus Online (not to be confused with the PVE Guns of Icarus Alliance) is currently free via Humble Bundle. If you’ve got a working mic and are willing to work with three other strangers or have some good friends at the ready, it’s really quite a blast. Whether you’re the gunner calculating bullet trajectory, the engineer trying to keep the entire ship from exploding, or the pilot attempting to get everyone to do their jobs as you maneuver a giant blimp, I can guarantee that there’s a role you’ll love to play.

5 Likes

I’d definitely recommend this game, the community (if it still exists) was probably the friendliest and most helpful one I’ve ever come across. The gameplay itself is pretty neat, it heavily rewards teamwork

I played this game for a short spurt with some friends and loved the hell out of it. You are absolutely right about needing a mic and communicating. When you settle into your ideal roles and pull off a solid match, it is SO rewarding. I’m not really into steampunk at all, but the gameplay and coop element is what convinced me. Excellent game!