Few questions regarding the Arcade

God I’m hyped for this.
Anyway…

1. Are the “video game” games (the cabinet ones) going to reward players with tickets? In reality they don’t, but I think it’d be really cool if they did.

2. Is the arcade (design-wise) going to use tickets, or special credit card-like cards?

3. What prizes can we expect? Will there be really expensive ones to keep players interested?

4. What about the name? Will it still be “The Warp zone”?

5. Can we have a ridiculously overpriced plastic armband that denotes you a super cool VIP pro arcade kid and does literally nothing else?

Thanks fams

I have heard that the cabinets, or at least some of them, will give you tickets, which you can then use to redeem prizes that you can only get at the arcade. I’m guessing that some of the prizes will be the ones shown off at the counter; plushies and other items that you can find at the toy store.

You’re sure they were talking about the videogame cabinets?
The ones with buttons and levers? I’m asking because those don’t usually give out tickets in the real world and I don’t remember anyone specifically mentioning them on the streams/forums

I have heard the devs talking about the concept on past streams, but I don’t think it’s actually confirmed or anything like that yet, so I might be wrong.

God please yes, I want this. Genius idea.
http://i.imgur.com/qJtH9mu.png

2 Likes

[quote=“vtipoman, post:1, topic:20479”]1. Are the “video game” games (the cabinet ones) going to reward players with tickets? In reality they don’t, but I think it’d be really cool if they did.

1. Is the arcade (design-wise) going to use tickets, or special credit card-like cards?

2. What prizes can we expect? Will there be really expensive ones to keep players interested?

3. What about the name? Will it still be “The Warp zone”?

4. Can we have a ridiculously overpriced plastic armband that denotes you a super cool VIP pro arcade kid and does literally nothing else?
    [/quote]

5. The arcade cabinets most likely will not award tickets as we cannot track the gameplay in a reliable manner. We will have highscores, though. Prize redemption arcades will award tickets.

6. The arcade will award tickets and most games will not cost any Units.

7. We will have arcade only prizes that can be unlocked with tickets.

8. Yes, it’ll be called Warp Zone still.

9. We are planning to have milestones per activity, so there may be wearable items that are unlocked with arcade milestones.

7 Likes

alright, thanks Mac!
EDIT: wouldn’t it be possible to reward tickets based on the score you achieve in the cabinet games? Propably not, but I don’t know enough about the inner workings of the Arcade to be sure

We’re still deciding, as there’s some security concerns (easier to cheat than other systems).

1 Like

Oh, I see.
Not that it matters that much, it’s gonna be awesome either way. Thanks for the hard work!

1 Like