Do you even SPECS Bro?

Polaris might cause a price drop. I’m still waiting .

No bro i don’t (Greek laptop from 2012) the only thing i added is 4 gb ram more

Quite an old Clevo thingy…

Mech Master Race. Highly recommended. Or if you don’t mind waiting two months (they ship in July): Massdrop has the Miami set from Tai-Hao is only $33.75 shipped. People really seem to love those and I can imagine why. I will say these keycaps are a little thin in some places for doubleshot PBT though. But it looks so awesome that I can’t complain.

Well I would say yes and no here. It depends on what you’re doing with your GPU(s). GDDR5X is a pretty impressive technology and is the fastest on the market. If it’s for VR, then the the Pascal chip is going to be the king. They have done some serious improvements that have really optimized VR performance.

SMP, in theory, allows the GTX 1080 to do one single rendering pass of the monster and displays two different viewports from that pass that mimic the positions of both our eyes.

Things like that allow it to use significantly less power (180W) while performing at similar and better framerates.

That being said, the 970 and 980 are amazing cards. I don’t think the 1070 or 1080 will be substantial enough for me. I’ve got a 970 too and I don’t plan to update. I have definitely thought about selling my 970 while the price is still good and spending a few extra bucks on the 1070 though. xD

Yup will be great for VR but VR is too expensive for me. Eventhough I really want Vive

Thought about the same thing but would still be expensive.

1 Like

Ja feel, I need it. It’s so expensive but it looks so good. * drools *

1 Like

My m8 @Snakebite will be working soon and intends to buy one asap. He already owns 2 Titans (1st gen) so he should be alright.
Guess who will volunteer setting up his Vive :slight_smile:

Holy crap, yeah he will be set for a while. Definitely a good VR setup. :laughing:

I have a vive. I punched my ceiling on accident. I definitely recommend picking one up if you ever have the cash, especially while it comes with Job Simulator(and the other games I haven’t played) plus Budget Cuts demo and The Lab are free and amazing!

3 Likes

oh the stupid amounts of time I’ve done that on the vive

Built my first PC a couple weeks ago, got a job and worked my ass off for it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition
COOLER: Corsair H110
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
MBO: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151
CASE: Corsair 450D ATX
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold

Then I just used my 3 old hard drives from my old prebuilt. Still no GPU, though, I plan on getting the Asus 1070 come my next paycheck (integrated isn’t that bad for the time being). Also just got the Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum headset. It hurts my head if it’s on the wrong spot, but once it’s on the sweet spot, it feels and sounds amazing. The cable management is absolute shit, though. I plan on trying to organize it better once I put my GPU in. Also another thing, using an old 1400 x 900 monitor and it’s absolute garbage, but it works, so that’s good for right now. And of course, an old keyboard and mouse.

1 Like

my computer is shit.

fuck I really need to stop posting on dead posts

“linux master race”

Desktop:
(will update later)
Laptop: (it was provided by my college)

Desktop: The GPU is actually 6GB for some reason speccy can’t detect it.

File Server: