[Dedicated Server Linux] Server crashes without dumping a crash log

I’m excessively using my Jetpack dunno if it’s related
I’m running Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

It’s dumping the log but not the mini dump.
Also experiencing the same there where after a while it will just flat out crash.
Debian 8.4 64 bit.

You should also state which distro you’re running on Linux.

this script is a small work around that automatically restarts the server after a crash. of course this isn’t a real solution. but i’m sure they’ll fix it shortly.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue on Ubuntu Server 14.04.2LTS. I stayed up for hours trying to keep the damn server up just to wake up to my server offline.

This is still happening to me after 0.1.0.2 and i’ve been having to babysit my server logs. From what i’ve seen it might be happening from planet panic now.

I made my own script with some work with Screens. It’s a pretty neato one but it’s made a little different but still achieves the same thing.

https://chie.club/files/images/st/a0d45588-445d-4ebc-9407-44e2cb559c57.txt

Of course it get’s started by this Tower@s76064:~$ screen -S Tower -m ./start.sh
Which then I can just detach it and continue doing other stuff.

Obviously if people want to copy it go ahead but change your path before launching it.
Yours will 100% vary from mine.

1 Like

Just updated mine today. Will observe to see if it’s just an OS specific issue now or if it’s still crash happy.
Only reason mine crashed last night was possibly some Theatre meme action.

Yup mine looks the same. They will definitely notice the bug and fix it soon.

Also if you want to start your job through a cronjob use screen -AdmS name script.sh

Don’t need it to be started through cronjob. It’s happy where it is.

Also it’s been running non stop for 12 hours now with out a single crash. Certainly stable on Debian 8.4

1 Like

yup. same for me. looking good so far. but has a high cpu usage in idle (in my opinion)