Daily Dev Log for November 26th, 2017
Hey everyone! Here’s what everyone on the team has been working on over the course of today, November 26th, 2017.
Most of the staff at PixelTail Games work Monday - Friday, except for a select few, hence the shortage of names on this Development Log.
@macdguy fixed an issue with Spin to Win, which would cause it to display that a person has won 5,000,000 units when the player lands on the 10,000 unit reward. This was always a display issue, the player always has received 10,000 units. He also increased the icon resolutions for Condos and Bowling Balls.
He spent a large portion of the day working on fixing regressions that appeared during the upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.18.
- Fixed the SplitTrigger Ball Race error.
- Fixed Casino History not displaying, regardless of setting.
- Fixed Casino History displaying machine as the message, instead of the other way around. For example, it USED to say "Spent 500 Units: Spin To Win" when it should have said "Spin to Win: Spent 500 Units".
- Fixed certain graphics settings not restoring to their current values properly when opening the graphics settings UI.
- Fixed FOV not rounding up properly when restored to the current value when opening the graphics settings UI.
- Fixed not being able to see the visual highlight on Condo surfaces.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the player could not hover over Condo surfaces to due an inventory UI element blocking the mouse trace / hover events.
- Fixed an error with the surface UI.
- Fixed an issue where the condo surface editable tooltip did not have a mouse icon.
- Investigated why the act of selling items in the Inventory Manager tab does not show a notification when the item was successfully sold. This bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Investigated why there is no server title in the item playground. This bug has not been fixed yet.
@Johanna continued working on the upcoming Winter plaza. She investigated an issue that is causing the Unreal Swarm Agent to crash upon building lighting, upgraded the model and materials for the maglev train track, and continued decorating the Plaza for the holidays.
@Caboose700 went through every Ball Race map with 300ms packet lag and 40ish FPS average to identify map issues that appear at low framerates and bad pings, and to find any regressions that may have occurred during the Unreal Engine 4.18 upgrade. This was done to simulate a real world Ball Race environment in Tower Unite with network lag and lower end hardware simulated. All gameplay was recorded for internal viewing.
That’s what everyone at PixelTail Games has been working on today! See you all tomorrow!