Daily Dev Log for November 25th, 2017
Hey everyone! Here’s what everyone on the team has been working on over the course of today, November 25th, 2017.
Most of the staff at PixelTail Games work Monday - Friday, except for a select few, hence the shortage of names on this Development Log.
@macdguy created a mathematical bobber throwing animation for Fishing to ensure the bobber will always land where the player wants it to (before this was Physics based, but eliminating it makes it 100% deterministic) for Fishing. He went through every appearance icon and increased their size from 64px to 128px to improve graphical fidelity on the Minigolf Customize UI and the Appearence Editor. He also went through every sound and fix the sound class so that their volume would properly adjust (should fix seagulls and other loud sounds ignoring the volume settings). All in all there were 51 sounds that were fixed.
He spent a large portion of the day working on fixing regressions that appeared during the upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.18.
- Fixed the Minigolf aimer being Invisible.
- Fixed the Waterhole Water.
- Fixed the Customize UI Color Slider being broken (and updating its appearance).
- Fixed the Map UI icons clipping through the icons above them.
- Fixed the glass texture being broken on the Suite condo.
- Fixed the Planet Panic UFO glass texture.
- Fixed the broken materials on the House condo windows.
- Fixed sound settings having missing titles for certain settings.
- Fixed error messages with ApplySavedSettings.
- Fixed warning messages due to the new TowerGameplaySettings system.
- Fixed FOV setting not saving when changing levels.
- Fixed FOV setting saving every single frame when the user is dragging the slider.
- Fixed mouse sensitivity and mouse invert settings not saving along with the UI not updating when first created.
- Fixed key prompts not displaying at all, regardless of user settings.
- Improved key prompt settings lookups (no calls per frame).
- Improved HUD settings lookups (no calls per frame).
- Fixed default values for settings.
- Fixed key bind UI not showing up in Standalone build.
- Fixed FPS Counter not appearing when enabled on the Settings Menu.
- Fixed Little Crusaders HUD dividing by zero.
- Fixed character hair model looking horrible due to bad Fresnel values.
- Fixed weather settings doing absolutely nothing.
@Johanna continued decorating the Plaza for the upcoming Winter Events.
@Caboose700 went through every Minigolf map with 300ms packet lag and 40ish FPS average to identify map issues that appear at low framerates and bad pings, and to find any regressions that may have occurred during the Unreal Engine 4.18 upgrade. This was done to simulate a real world Minigolf environment in Tower Unite with network lag and lower end hardware simulated. All gameplay was recorded for internal viewing. The only map that wasn't tested was Emission due to there being a crash on startup of that particular map.
That’s what everyone at PixelTail Games has been working on today! See you all tomorrow!