Condo "Open House" Server

I was thinking about condos, and had a spontaneous idea: an official dedicated server that people can join to preview condos and have a little temporary build party.

To be a bit more detailed, this would be an additional official server that hosts a condo as opposed to a lobby (or, if you’re feeling crazy, multiple additional condo servers). These servers rotate between the purchasable condos (and maybe the default one too), and anyone is free to join. What makes this different from the standard condo preview suggestions is that you can build here. Nothing is saved and everyone has build permissions, so you can do some experimental decorating to see how a build would look or just mess around with friends even if no one actually owns the expensive condo you’re all in. Any thoughts?

Feel free to leave a standard forum vote if you like this, but you can also vote anonymously below for a more specific response.

• These open houses are a must!
  • I’d enjoy a feature like this.
  • I’m indifferent on this idea.
  • Open houses are probably best left out.
  • Adding this would be a waste of resources!

0 voters

This is pretty much exactly what Community Condos is gonna be.

1 Like

Community Condos require a player host, though. This suggests that PixelTail hosts an open server; you don’t need to worry about getting build permissions from the owner, for example.

1 Like

It would be like an item playground server, but with condo maps rotating… I like it!

Fair enough

1 Like

Community Condos do not require a player host. You will be able to host a dedicated Condo. I can easily see a server being created for this purpose by a third party.

12 Likes