Condo & House Polishing Patch

Card

https://trello.com/c/FKtBplBK/354-condo-house-polishing-patch

Description

Various improvements to C_Condo (the default condo) to bring it up to quality.

C_Condo

[ul][li]Outdoor lighting no longer seeps into the interior rooms of the condo. Sun & moon light now respects the laws of physics and will no longer bypass walls. Rooms inside the condo are now actually dark when the lights are turned off.[/li][li]New more detailed texture & model for the sliding doors used throughout the condo.[/li][li]Improved the lighting effects throughout the interior of the condo.[/li][li]Updated textures for the shoe rack, coat hangar, and bathroom sink counter.[/li][li]New cherry wood material (the wood floors throughout the condo)[/li][li]Unified the texel density of the concrete and plaster materials throughout the condo. (for example, the concrete on one planter will no longer be a completely different resolution than the planter next to it.)[/li][li]Some subtle changes to the outdoor lighting to improve visual quality[/li][li]Added glass ceiling to main condo room. A button inside the condo causes the ceiling to open/close by moving to the side into the ceiling.[/li][li]Added a subtle door sliding sound effect to the wooden sliding doors in the condo[/li][li]The bathroom ceiling is now editable[/li][li]Editing the fireplace color now only edits the part inside the condo. Additionally, several cracks and holes between the fireplace and the surrounding walls have been fixed.[/li][li]Fixed a crack between the stairs and the upper floor on the stairs of the right hand side of the apartment.[/li][li]New kitchen counter textures/materials[/li][li]Fireplace now has a fireplace fire crackling sound effect when it is turned on.[/li][/ul]

C_House

[ul][li]Outdoor lighting no longer seeps into the interior rooms of the condo. Sun & moon light now respects the laws of physics and will no longer bypass walls. Rooms inside the condo are now actually dark when the lights are turned off.[/li][li]Improved the lighting effects throughout the interior of the condo.[/li][li]Re-do rockwork[/li][li]Re-do foliage[/li][li]Garage door now has sound effects, and also moves twice as fast as it used to (it now takes it 6 seconds to open or close instead of 12 seconds).[/li][li]Fireplace now has ambient fire crackling sound effects when turned on[/li][li]Sliding doors and windows now have sound effects[/li][li]Bathroom sinks now play water faucet noise when turned on[/li][li]Can now change the material and color of the deck[/li][li]Can now customize roof material[/li][li]Basement addition[/li][li]Lower floor overhaul - Small square room merged into large room, lower bathroom removed & merged into large room and its space used for basement stairs[/li][li]Sliding doors for rooms adjacent to the hallway to prevent doors from blocking the skinny hallway’s path[/li][/ul]

Attachments

13 Likes

[ul][li]Card’s description was updated.[/li][li]A new checklist named “Checklist” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

[ul][li]“New more detailed texture & model for the sliding doors used throughout the condo.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Outdoor lighting no longer seeps into the interior rooms of the condo. Sun & moon light now respects the laws of physics and will no longer bypass walls. Rooms inside the condo are now actually dark when the lights are turned off.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

[ul][li]“New cherry wood material (the wood floors throughout the condo)” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Updated textures for the shoe rack, coat hangar, and bathroom sink counter.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

C_Condo?

[ul][li]“Unified the texel density of the concrete and plaster materials throughout the condo. (for example, the concrete on one planter will no longer be a completely different resolution than the planter next to it.)” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Card’s description was updated.[/li][li]“Some subtle changes to the outdoor lighting to improve visual quality” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

It’s the default condo. C_Condo is what we call it internally. I’ve updated the card description to make it more clear.

3 Likes

Whoever created the polishing patch was scared, so they typed it like: C-C-C-C-Condo.
treu strory

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, “C_Condo” literally means Condo Condo. The other condo map files each start with “C_”, so I assume that’s a representative identifier for the “Condo” map files.

I’m Condo Condo and this is Suite Condo.

(haha get it the super mario bros thing where mario mario luigi mario hahahHAhahAHhaHAHhaH)

Awesome! It’s great to see my favorite condo (and the one all players start with) finally get some love again.

I hope the editability of certain surfaces will get improved. The bathroom ceiling is uneditable, the fireplace wall can only be colored and it applies to both sides of it and the top of the condo (where the roof would be) is kinda wonky in that you can’t apply a different texture to the top and the side of it. Actually, I think there are a few more bits like this, but I can’t remember any from the top of my head.

[ul][li]“Added a subtle door sliding sound effect to the wooden sliding doors in the condo” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Added glass ceiling to main condo room. A button inside the condo causes the ceiling to open/close by moving to the side into the ceiling.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“The bathroom ceiling is now editable” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

Thanks for making me aware of this.

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Editing the fireplace color now only edits the part inside the condo. Additionally, several cracks and holes between the fireplace and the surrounding walls have been fixed.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

[ul][li]“Fixed a crack between the stairs and the upper floor on the stairs of the right hand side of the apartment.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

[ul][li]“New kitchen counter textures/materials” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Fireplace now has a fireplace fire crackling sound effect when it is turned on.” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

ooohhhhh mmmmmgmgmgm

all of these features sound really satisfying

1 Like