Community Condos Survey

With the new community condos announcement and the ability to create dedicated public condos, I’ve had a few ideas, and I want the communities feedback on them.

Would you pay for managed community condo hosting?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you answered yes to the above question, how much would you be willing to pay per month?

• $0-2
  • $2-4
  • $4-8
  • $10+

0 voters

Thanks guys, I’d appreciate any feedback you might have on this.

Wouldn’t personally, but I can see the appeal.

6 Likes

I answered yes but thought you were talking about units, and not real money. :tired_face:
Also no, there’s not going to be microtransactions or the ability to buy anything in the game with cash.

These would be 3rd party hosted servers by an actual company.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback so far.

1 Like

While I can see the merit behind this idea, I think it’s inevitable that I’ll find a server/condo that’s maintained very well and for free. Paid servers would definitely be in line 80 percent of the time, and I wouldn’t have a problem joining that, but since this feature hasn’t launched yet I can’t say for certain that there would be an obvious line in quality between a “free” condo and a “paid” condo.

The exclusivity of a paid condo would be nice, however.

1 Like

Yes I fully expect to either have to pay for or self host on a dedicated machine to have a dedicated community condo. As for cost I imagine 10 people to be at least $10 (but I don’t know what kind of usage the game needs yet) and I expect once they are released we’ll see plenty of the usual server hosts adding TU plans.

I’d ignore most the results so far as I imagine a lot of the users wouldn’t be people renting community condos once they understand the costs behind it. That said I expect their to be plenty of demand from communitys/groups of players who would be willing to pay for a hosted community condo.

Out of interest are you asking on behalf of a service that already offers game server hosting or in the interests of setting up something specifically for Tower Unite?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. This will be a new host that offers server hosting specifically for TU at the start with features designed just for TU. With regards to slots I’m not entirely sure of what I’ll be pricing it at- in an ideal world it would be fixed pricing but it all depends on how many resources condos use.

This would most likely count as a micro transaction besides why?

Edit 1: If its third party it still sounds dumb and doesn’t seem like it would work well

Just to clear up since I’m not sure everyone understands: Community Condos will have the ability to be hosted 24/7 and are replacing the player hosted lobby servers. My idea here is allowing people to purchase a server that will be pre-set up allowing you to host a condo without needing your PC online all the time, for a monthly cost.

1 Like

You have to think of these as the equivalent to dedicated server in any other game such as CSGO or Minecraft. To host 24/7 they cost money which is normal. Nothing stopping you hosting one on your own machine if it’s powerful enough but people will pay for better uptime and connection.

You will still be able to host the way you do now just as you can host Minecraft servers locally and such. This is standard for PC multiplayer gaming. I’m really perplexed as to how many people don’t get this? Chances are you play games on dedicated servers that people pay for. Even the Lobbies we play on in TU cost money to rent though this is covered by the devs. The current gamemodes/condo servers are different to the community condos which basically mean you don’t need to be online and in the condo for people to be able to visit. Not to mention that multiple people will most likely be able to have admin commands and editing privileges.

2 Likes