Canvases having weird lines

I’ll try to explain this issue to the best of my ability.

For some unknown reason, some canvases may have some weird horizontal lines going over the image. This seems to happen depending on the colors used for the image, and the distance you view the canvas from. Perhaps the surrounding light is another factor. The further away you are standing, the more lines you will see. If you get close to the canvas then the lines (or at least most of them) should disappear.

Here are two example screenshots of a canvas I put up. Look closely and you will notice how there are horizontal lines over the image.

These lines show up for me even when playing on the highest graphics settings possible.
My Nvidia GPU driver is up to date (364.72), using a GTX 750 Ti card. This shouldn’t be an issue with my PC.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

You have a light above it? Looks like the same staircase effect I have in Garden.

1 Like

Yep there’s a ceiling lamp right above.

1 Like

Try moving the poster, cause it definitely looks like a lighting thing.

I have a couple of other canvases with the exact same issue, in a different room.

Screenshots of your other canvases would be incredibly helpful.

I feel like whatever is causing this for you did the same thing for me when I tried putting up a PNG image:

Well they don’t look anything like that thankfully, and the lines are never permanent (they can disappear).

Screenshot 1, has faint lines all over it.

Screenshot 2, moved closer and now the lines are fainter.

Screenshot 3, moved a little closer and now all lines are gone (compare the white colour, easier to spot the difference).

1 Like

yeah so it’s probably just cuz mine is a transparent PNG then. Thanks.

As of right now, canvases ignore transparency and alpha channels and just display the colors without it. Some art programs will continue color data to the edge of the frame, resulting in strange lines across what should be transparent. You’d just never see it since its set to be invisible.