Bowling 0.3.6.1

Bowling used to be fun and my primary source of income. I would bowl for hours and hours a day. Now, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get a turkey.

My current highscore is 120 after the update. Does that sound fun to you?

2 Likes

not sure if its impossible to get higher than a turkey now

1 Like

Feels like the devs are certain that it isnt buggy so it cant be buggy can it? It is completely broken, for some people more than others, the UI is messed up to the point where all the possible UI’s appear at once, my mouse disapears, and the ball goes wonkey when I finally managed to get the game working.

Reminds me of when Todd Howard said “It just works” to fallout 4, guess what, it doesn’t work

1 Like

How exactly is this a bug?
Abusing exploits isn’t how the game should be played, which is why they patched it

If you want to grind for units go play the gameworlds, they tend to be more fun anyway.

1 Like

I believe they changed how it works after the exploit was found.

I think it’s a new mechanic? I got a perfectly vertical line traced with a ruler, and noticed that the ball is still curving.

It may just be a bug.

I’m still against the exploit, but I do believe the default curving with zero spins applied shot in straight line is pretty silly.

1 Like

There is no default curve with zero spin being applied. There wasn’t much changed with Bowling. The only thing changed was the area your mouse can be in when you roll the ball.

The UI showing up multiple times was something people reported in previous updates, I have still not been able to reproduce it, but I have an idea on how to possibly solve it.

2 Likes

Something must be working as not intended, then.
I was bowling and some other player was also complaining about it in voice chat. His ball was curving to the right just as mine.

2 Likes

i’ve got a video of the ball’s curve

in the video you can see the ball curving to the right, which can be offset by moving your cursor to the left when raising it

2 Likes

This is the exact issue I’m having.
I’m even sometimes turning a bit left and it still curves to the right for some reason.

Thank you for this video.

3 Likes

I did some experimenting on this and this would seem to be a bug.
Throwing the ball perfectly straight causes the ball to be thrown to the right.

Image #1

It seems the game is indecisive on what classifies as 0, the side of the screen or the side of the mouse hitzone thing. This means to get a perfect throw, you need to offset your mouse the distance between the side of the screen and the hitzone when moving the mouse up. (See the green markers on Image #2)

Because the ball angles to the right, my assumption is that the bottom hitzone zeroes at the left of the screen, and the top zone on the left of the hitzone. This leads to a constant offset of that left gap.

Image #2

6 Likes

I literally hopped on some bowling last night for the first time in proably 2+ months when I was checking out the new update, and also immediately noticed what appeared to be an automatic slight curve despite zero spin being applied.

4 Likes

I have been investigating this issue and will continue to.

4 Likes

I have resolved the issue and we’re making a small client patch today.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.