Board games, arcade games and more!

Id really love to see board games like monopoly implemented in tower unite, arcade games like donkey kong etc.
Cards against humanity, poker, monopoly, hungry hungry hippos etc would be really cool.
(They could be official games but i think they fit more as a item you can put in your suite)

Yep, because they definitely wouldn’t get sued for copyright infringement or anything

2 Likes

do checkers and chess last i heard there is no copyright there on them. they may be simple but can be very competitive. :wink:

edit - also i think there may be thread about this, not sure though dont take my word on it.

Most of these would get them copyrighted.

I’d have suggested a Goban long time ago but I don’t know if the effort of implementing the game logic would be worth the effort. Been thinking about just suggesting the model but it’d probably be no fun to play if it’s not somewhat automatic.

I think cards against humanity has a very flexible like copyright i guess

You reminded me to just check instead of guessing and I correctly remembered that you are right:

(Link goes to a paragraph where they in my unqualified opinion state that basically you can make your own CAH but they’ll send ninja lawyers at night to make it look like you couldn’t control your bladder in your sleep if you use their name ot sell it. That last part might be more complex since TU isn’t exactly free.)

1 Like

Cards Against Humanity is available under a BY-NC-SA 2.0 Creative Commons license. That means you can use our content to make whatever, but you have to give us credit, you can’t profit from the use of our content (this means ad revenue is not allowed), and you have to share whatever you make in the same way we share it (this means you can’t submit our content to any app store). We own the name “Cards Against Humanity,” so you have to call your crappy thing something else.

Under this license, Tower Unite cannot use CAH because Tower Unite both a) makes a profit, and b) is technically on an “app store” (Steam).

u also could just make monopoly with a different name and different labels on the places (even the go to jail and go spaces) and you would be fine. it’d be a rip off looking copy, but that’d be funny

I would love to have a munchkin board game!

Absolutely this! I didnt mean to suggest “infringing copyright” but suggest board games that are either public domain or changed up so they dont infringe copyright.