Blender

I have been working with blender lately. I need some tips and video tutorials. Currently I want to learn how to use meaterials, color, and render in a way where the model can be turned around and looked at from different angles.

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with materials and rendering but I do know that there are viewing options on the bottom taskbar. You can choose to see your object with its materials or see it rendered in real time (although it’s very intensive).

Besides that, I don’t know what you could use for learning about materials and colors. Best of luck on your search though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the help

Blender Guru has some good tutorials, and just finished up a tutorial for beginners on how to create a model, sculpt details, bake normals, and then add textures.

Not really sure what you mean by the rendering portion though. Maybe real-time rendering with Eevee?

1 Like

Thanks for the help. For clarification, I meant something like this https://sketchfab.com/models/aee77bd30eeb4415b915350f5b25dbcd .

Blender Foundation just (relatively) recently started uploading some kind of official tutorial series on their YouTube channel called “Blender Fundamentals”.

I’d recommend checking the playlist every few weeks as they seem to continue the series.

What you linked isn’t a render but a webpage where people upload the whole 3D model and a viewer renders it in your browser, just like Blender renders your project in the viewport.

Also I’m not sure if it’s slightly outdated but you can use Blender to edit video and I learned it from Mikeycal:

I need a way to render like they did over on that website I was sending it as an example of what I need.

Rendering like that really depends on how you want to distribute it, I guess. You could do something similar directly in Blender with the Eevee render engine, but you’d have to have to a good enough PC to actually handle that sort of thing, and people would have to have Blender and download the files themselves to actually view it.

The better thing would be just to upload to Sketchfab, especially since it supports the .blend format directly.

I have a strong pc I can handle 4k rendering and more.

Technically every PC should be able to render anything purely in software, it’ll just take longer the weaker the specs. If you want to render a Pixar Movie on a RasPi, expect a few centuries or evolutionary chapters, I don’t know, I wouldn’t know how to do the math right now.

I’m not sure we understand each other clearly here so I’ll get on a basic level:

Computers with 2D displays cannot display 3D visuals, they only render a 2D projection of it. So the process of rendering generally refers to generating said projection, be it in a super sweet looking and physically accurate light reflection simulation photorealistic render that takes some time or be it in realtime where you try to squeeze as much quality into the time you have available per frame as you can. When you render a 3D object, in some way the result will be a 2D image.

Sketchfab doesn’t load a rendered image for you to view when you open a model, they host the 3D data including the textures that are rendered into position according to the mesh data. The Sketchfab viewer is in principle nothing else than the viewport in Blender: A piece of software that renders 2D images of the 3D data from the perspective you look at it from. Like in video games, like a tracking shot in a movie except there’s no given path except for your turning controls. So you don’t render your work for Sketchfab, you upload your 3D data, for example by just uploading the .blend project file.

So what exactly do you need? A tutorial on how to upload to Sketchfab? Try one of these. Are you looking for a specific look? Try looking into Blender Internal, Cycles and Freestyle Render. Do you need help with lighting? I’ve heard a 3 point setup is pretty simple to achieve, see the video in the Fundamentals series I linked in my previous post.

1 Like