Arcade (ongoing, phase 2 out now)

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Art Checklist” has been added to the card.[/li][li]A new checklist named “Checklist” has been added to the card.[/li][li]The checklist “Checklist” has been renamed to “Code Checklist”.[/li][li]The checklist “Progress” has been removed from the card.[/li][/ul]

13 Likes

[ul][li]“Galaxy Police Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Birb Sky Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Salmon Says Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Mas Feurte 2k Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Super Hoopers Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Stack 'em Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Whack-a-mole Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Wheely Rigged Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Dizzy Cabinet” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

15 Likes

[ul][li]“Mas Feurte 2k Hammer” has been checked off on the “Art Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

13 Likes

[ul][li]The attachment “2017-07-07_12-22-47_d8115080-c979-4c43-820b-ea738c034f0b.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

12 Likes

Having picked up the game during the Steam sale recently, this feature really stood out for me, and was a big motivator to buy. No longer will we have to venture into the real world, and spend money!

The coolest potential here no doubt is that updates further on could sneak in another game. Lots of great and nostalgic games on the list though :3 Skeeball was my go-to in an arcade. Dizzy was such a money-grubber though xD, will be fun here though.

Anyone know what Stack’em is supposed to be?

Either way, looking super forward to this feature more than anything on the list at the moment. Content additions like this are why I am trying to advertise the game and see it grow, despite only having 40 hours played now.

1 Like

like tetris?

Stack’em is most likely going to be a copy of this arcade game:

but probably less rigged

4 Likes

Interesting o: no idea what is happening there at all! lol

Original thought was some sort of scrabble tetris game. Too bad this one won’t come with real Starbursts and candy :<

It’s a game about timing. You simply press a button when the indicator is in sync, above the previous row’s lit square. If you get above the dividing line, you win a “major prize”, something of higher value. The video example has just some varying candies as prizes. But I’ve seen some stacker clones that have shockingly high value prizes such as iPods.

To make things more clear, you first start with a certain number of blocks on the bottom (e.g. 4), and then you stack more rows of blocks on top. If you miss some blocks (let’s say you only land 2 out of the 4 blocks you have on top of your previous row of 4 blocks), you don’t lose the game; you just have less blocks to work with (previous row only has 2 blocks and now you only have two blocks). If you miss the block on the previous row completely, you lose.

As you get higher up the tower, the number of blocks you can use decreases, even if you don’t miss anything, and the movement of the blocks becomes faster, making timing harder

[details=Pictographic explanation (click to open, start from the bottom)]----------

:white_large_square::m::a: J:o: R:white_large_square: (top line, land a block here to get grand prize)

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: (if you fail above the minor prize line
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: you don’t get a minor prize)

:white_large_square::m::information_source: N:o: R:white_large_square: :arrow_left: (land here to get minor prize/try for major prize)

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::black_square_button::white_large_square::white_large_square: :arrow_left: (you missed, you lose)
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :arrow_left: (since you’re getting closer to the top
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: you can only use one square)
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :arrow_left: (missed one block, so you can
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: only use two now)
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :arrow_left: (base)[/details]

4 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense. Never saw this style of game around here. Looks interesting though.

1 Like

One thing my fellow arcade nerds failed to mention is that these stacker games are usually really, really rigged. Even if your timing is pixel perfect, there’s RNG deciding if you land the block or not (usually only at the last few). While the minor prizes are usually easily winnable (serving as a cheap, crappy tease), the major prizes can be almost impossible to get.
And, as is tradition with modern arcade games, the machines can be set to only payout after a certain number of games (and, in turn, money).
I certainly hope Pickletail’s version’s not gonna be like that.

1 Like

towre untie is going to be the most realistic arcade experience on the planet
you can be sure they will make it like that to boost the realism rating

[ul][li]Card’s description was updated.[/li][/ul]

9 Likes

[ul][li]“2D API: Graphics” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“2D API: Loading games from Lua scripts” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“2D API: Sounds” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“2D API: Input” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“2D API: Create Lua instance” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Prize Redemption Games: Game machine base: Game loop” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Prize Redemption Games: Game machine base: Scoring system” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Prize Redemption Games: Game machine base: Grabbing player input” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Prize Redemption Games: Game machine base” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Prize Redemption Games: Game coordinator setup” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Establish gametypes available at the aracde. Prize redemption (timer/physics) and 2D API” has been checked off on the “Code Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

17 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Nice! Cant wait, this will add a lot to the game. Slight suggestion, i dont see a claw game, where you move a claw in a glass box to try to grab prizes, i think that would be a cool game for the arcade.

r i g g e d r e v i e w s

It’d be really cool we could buy the arcade machines to put in our condos, of course there’d be no price and reward to playing, i’d imagine it would cost a lot though