Arcade Machines Suggestions

I know, I was replying to @cogvos :slight_smile:

Shhh M2TheT I think someone is listening… :wink:

I’m not sure you need a full or even partal phyisics engine for 2d pinball. You just (!) need to be able to do a lot of maths relating to incendent angles, refection angles etc (or how a ball travelling at a particular speed will bounce if it hits something made of metal, rubber or a curved surface that pushes back - like a bumper does). For a more complex sim you need to take into account the spin of the ball and the fact that it can be sliding in one direction while spinning in another. Add to that the effects friction on different materals (rubber high friction, metal low) the fact that hitting a drop target will take some momentum out of the ball - to push the target - before it bounces off whatever is behind the target and the effect of the plunger and well, you’re probably no-where near but it would still be great to have pinball of some description in the arcade.

Yeah, that is basically a full physics engine. We would need a rigid body physics engine that can handle multi-body collisions. Something like Box2D.

I made a really shitty 2D pinball several years ago with Box2D:

1 Like

Still looks better than some steam greenlight games that passed and are paid now.

1 Like

I wish to see If we can make a custom M.U.G.E.N arcade fighting game cabinet.