Anybody think the new animation for running look really weird?

It just feels very fake and looks like something else is pushing your body, not your feet.

If you go third person and look from behind, it worse. It seems like you’re somewhat sliding and have something heavy on your back, or as if you have to take number 2 in the bathroom very soon.

Walking also feels so stiff 'cause most of the body doesn’t move much. It looks like you’re walking down a crowd you’re so nervous of.

Really? I love the new animations.

2 Likes

Interesting. Have you tried looking at yourself on third person?
It looks pretty bad from behind.

Yeah. Was the first thing I did and I was amazed.

I Agree, they are way better than the previous animations but it does look like the character is sliding a bit and does not step enough or make long enough strides to keep up with the distance they are going. But who knows and i don’t really care if they do anything about it.

Just gonna copy paste my opinion on them that I put in the discord.
My running/walking animation thingy: I guess I just liked the old ones better? Walking doesn’t FEEL like I’m touching the ground, idk it just doesn’t feel right to me. Running also just doesn’t feel right, and it might be because of the hunched over feel it has. I don’t like saying they’re crap because I know effort went into them, I just don’t like them tho ;-;

1 Like

I’ll tell you this, the animation is a lot better, but the running animation is awful, nobody runs like that. I’m a cross country/ track and field runner and this looks like a shitty jog than regular jogging or running.

2 Likes

I think you put it perfectly, “shitty jog”. I honestly think running like this animation is not possible unless some crane is supporting you with ropes on your body.

It’s definitely better than the older one. The last running animation looked like kids joyfully running away after picking on their friends. It looked really awful on the Infected from Virus, but I always figured they would get their own zombie animations in the future.
When a male character was running, though, they looked like a little girl jogging.

This time, I guess the animation is a bit more androgynous, but it looks really bad and unrealistic.
With all due respect, this is one of the worst running animations I’ve ever seen in a videogame as qualified as Tower Unite.

I’m surprised some players liked it, but as this is my opinion I respect theirs too.

1 Like

can’t really take the alt-walk animation very seriously either

i mean look at the way he swayes his hands it looks so goofy

Also feel bad for saying they’re ugly, but I too am not a fan. Everything still feels relatively stiff.

To me the animations feel off because I am Tiny all the time and for some reason Tiny people now move at like Normal people speed; which is nice, but the animation is slow and it actually makes it more annoying for me to move around when in small areas because I’m to fast and fly off tables all the time or couches. :crying_cat_face:

I fixed this issue in the next patch.

1 Like

Yeah… sadly, I’ve got to agree with the OP here, at least partially. The walk kinda feels artificial (what with the arm swaying and whatnot), and the alt-walk feels VERY stiff (like it’s a robot walking, not a human). And, I will admit the run does feel very off. I dunno if I’d call it the worst run ever, but honestly the run kind of reminds me of that one guy from that one video that’s going down the street and running with their neck low and their arms all the way out and their legs going as high as they can. A run isn’t supposed to look like that.

I know you guys are gonna tweak this as time goes on, but I really feel you guys should get the basic movement animations down before trying to tackle gestures and whatnot. That’s my opinion.

2 Likes