Allow New User Images in Bug Reports / Help Sections

As has come up time and time again, new users aren’t able to post images. While spending just a small bit on the forums grants them basic user privileges (which includes posting images), I notice that many users join the forum to ask for help and most refer to an image that won’t display simply because they are new.

I don’t know if this can be changed, but I think that it would be a good idea to allow new users to post images specifically in the Bug Report and Help sections (and their subsections). If it’s an all or nothing change, then I still think it would be a good idea to allow new users to post images but I also understand if things must be left as they are.

5 Likes

This would help tremendously. I made a cool graphic to describe the flow of this rule, see below

I understand the rule is put in to place so that we don’t get horrendous pictures or anything, but I haven’t seen a case where a picture was rightfully blocked because they were new, all it does is deny vital help information to people seeking to make their game work.

6 Likes

How about an option such as “Display images from new users”? It would be off by default (as it is now), and could only be enabled if you’re a registered user. Not sure how hard this is to implement from a programming perspective, but it’s an idea.

1 Like