Advanst/Frisk's Ultimately Normal Condo

Since I feel like my condo is in a state of being very close to finished, I figured I’d go ahead and do one of these things.

So here’s my (Pretty mundane, IMO) condo!

We’ll kick it off proper with the front foor. Beware of the snek, he watches over the place. Lobby 1 and 2 plates up on the shelf there. Nothing too special about the area other than those things.

Oh I also have a theater door lined up with the condo door itself. And then there’s the original catsack outside (Like everyone else does).

First up will be the bathroom, just to get it out of the way. I have a nice bubble bath with the bubble machine, a rug for when you get out of the shower, and the wet floor sign which is required.

I also have the smoke machine in the corner of the shower to simulate steam. It’s pretty alright, but I feel like I could manage it better.

Here’s the general living area. This is probably the room I had the most conflict with the overall design and how things would be handled. I finally settled on some seats, the grandfather clock, and the rug there under the table/couch/chair.

I personally like what I did with the Lobby 1 trophy and the canvas. Thank you to the unfortunately forgotten person from the Discord server for supplying the Lobby 1 picture plaza area picture.

Here’s an overview of shot of the living room, kitchen, upstairs, and a bit of a peek at the outside as well.

Yes, I have Cooking Mama in my kitchen. Also going to note the Cutthroat Kitchen poster and Cook, Serve, Delicious! poster. Apart from that, the general kitchen area isn’t too fascinating. I’m hoping to spice it up a bit more at some point.

And inside the fridge. Nothing unusual here…

Oh and of course the dining area. Only waffles, of course!

One person gets the fork, and one person gets the knife. It’s a team effort to eat the waffles.

Here’s the basement. It started as a room where I’d put extra props that just didn’t fit in with other rooms, and I thiiiink the theater chairs, the cardboard boxes, and the traffic cone are the OG items in the room. Oh yeah and another rug.

Here’s my music room. I’m not really happy with it and I’d rather it be something else possibly computer related, but this is how it stands now. There’s a cookie to be handed out if you can name one row of albums/artists of the canvases, and one cookie each for the big canvases over on the left there.

And the other side of the room. The canvses on this side are game OSTs, except for the one in the bottom right. That’s Popskyy, and he does chiptune stuff.

This one’s a doozy… It has all of the original trophies, a fun lava lamp, 7 posters (On this wall), two dual screen computers, and various desk decorations. The side on the left is for me, and the side ont the right is for my wonderful girlfriend.

And here’s up-close pictures of both the mousepads. The first one is mine, and the second one is kinda just a filler picture that I took that’ll be there until I ask her what she’d want it to be.

And here’s the other side of the room. I was thinking of making one of those consoles made out of canvases under the TV, but that’s wayyy too tedious for my abilities in placing stuff. Basically all the posters are console games I’ve played a lot over the years, except for Zelda OoT, and replace Forza Horizon 2 with Forza Horizon 1. Oh and I almsot forgot to mention the canvas statues too! I say that both of them are Amiibos (Or similar), but they’re both just general art of Shovel Knight and Isabelle (Animal Crossing).

Here’s the bedroom. Nothing too special about the left side, but there’s some personality over there in the corner. It’s basically a bunch of shows that I (Or my gf) are interested in or watch together. I plan on adding more in the future, but I put some there just to get the TV corner all done.

Here’s the bed side of the room. Me and the lady quite enjoy the RWBY series, so I put that one up. She likes Napstablook and I like Asriel (Both Undertale characters), so I put those fun artsy pictures up kinda as filler, but I feel like they really fit nicely together with everything else.

Here’s the left side of the deck. Got the grill and shelves straight left, and the bar along the wall.

Bonus artsy picture of the bar

And here’s the right side. I’m kinda conflicted about the color of the lamp on the table over there, but I think everything else is pretty solid. I really like the Outdoor Wood Lamps accompanying the picnic tables. It gives it a playful outside feel.

Nothing too interesting about the beach (Yet). Volleyball net close to the deck, bonfire and chairs in the middle, and a hammock out on the peninsula-like area.

Rawr, he gon’ get you

And finally, the backyard/garden! This has my most recent addition, which is the shed-like structure over on the left. I personally like my usage of the flamingos, as they give the little area some nice color.

But what’s in the shed, you might ask…?

Hula dolls

I appreciate if you read all the way through. I’d say I’ve spent about 20 hours actually moving things, editing pictures for canvases, setting the canvases, and all that jazz. Lots of OCD, love, and care went into the whole thing, and I’m proud of it all! (Except for the music room.)

If you would like the links to any of the images used in my condo, feel free to ask! I have most of them hosted on my Imgur account, so they shouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon c:

17 Likes

I’d say this is anything but “normal” Well done and pretty damn swanky is what comes to mind as I look through the amount of time and effort putting this condo together.

Makes mine feel like a clusterfuck of old Lobby 1 ideas mixed with like 7 Lobby 2 ideas.

Since you offered, I’d definitely like a link to that lobby 1 image, I feel like doing the same with my trophy.

2 Likes

Very well done. I actually prefer these “realistic” decked out condos, over the outlandish insanely reworked ones i’ve seen. Everything is very tidy, and precise, just the way I like it :slight_smile: Mine is coming along in much the same fashion.

2 Likes

Here you go!

1 Like

the only outlandish part of my condo is the milk church and statue

It’s got a nice flair to it, it’s simple at some points and pretty creative in others. I like it. :slight_smile:

So I decided to use @Arctiq’s tips for pixel art stuff, and I made this! :smiley:

It took me about 5 hours in total, and 1,234 closed cardboard boxes!

8 Likes

Nice!

And today I just spent 3 1/2 hours making this awesome dude!

Scott Pilgrim has some of the best pixel art I’ve seen in any game, I feel.

If anyone has any suggestions for pixel art characters or things that I should do, feel free to put them here :3

6 Likes

Damn, looks like the choice I wanted to see for the sprite in your condo came out well. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Who’s this? o:

Well whoever they are, they’re chilling in the corner now :stuck_out_tongue:

Fynn from an old RPG Maker 2000 game.

Another wonderful addition.

Also this skybridge thing I did is noteworthy. I’m gonna put signs along in it to tell what the sprites are, what they’re from, if someone suggested it, etc.

1 Like

Due to the annoying dog having no decent way to count pixels in just the image itself, I had to basically hand-count all ~300-ish pixels.

2 Likes

Sounds fun.

1 Like

make an 8-bit milk carton

1 Like