Adjustable Weather in Condos

Card

https://trello.com/c/hHZNpLG5/144-adjustable-weather-in-condos

Description

This card has no description.

First release

[ul][li]Finish base weather actor code[/li][li]Make tons of weather configurations[/li][li]Create user interface[/li][li]Cloud control[/li][li]Rain control[/li][li]Hail control[/li][li]Fog control[/li][li]Thunder control[/li][li]Snow control[/li][li]Wind control[/li][li]Sounds for rain and hail[/li][li]Make particle system move in front of the player when moving[/li][li]Graphics settings for disabling weather particles and weather scenery effects[/li][/ul]

Issues

[ul][li]Large particles clip through ceilings[/li][li]Weather particles persist underwater (it’s basically raining underwater)[/li][li]Player boundaries interfere with particle collision[/li][li]Particles emit light[/li][li]Particle collisions stop working completely at lower frame rates[/li][li]Maxing all weather settings out is a massive framerate dropper[/li][li]The current weather configuration is not replicated to new joining players until it is changed[/li][li]When dying, the particle systems don’t get attached to the player until their dead body has disappeared[/li][li]Weather configuration icons unload at unspecific moments[/li][/ul]

Attachments

17 Likes

Oooooh!!! Snow!!! Oooh if this is able to settle on the stuff you’ve built, this is going to be so awesome for Christmas themed condos!

5 Likes

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Issues” has been added to the card.[/li][li]“Fog control” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Rain control” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Cloud control” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

Snow with a completely clear sky at night, now that would be an amazingly awesome sight.

4 Likes

YES YES YES YES Y E S
Aaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Oh my god, WEATHER CONTROLS

7 Likes

Makes me imagine that you are viewing the forum on mobile in some crowded building and you just shouted this in excitement because of this trello update.

3 Likes

#YES!!!

I can’t wait for this to be added! Then I can have it constantly rain in my condo!

2 Likes

I only want clouds if they have eyes and a mouth.

4 Likes

Finally! I can make Canada! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

y u delete post

2 Likes

I will live the high life by setting the weather to hail 24/7 with my roofless condo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I recently watched a Plug and Play stream and saw this.

I can’t forum and I replied to the wrong person :frowning:

1 Like

Scrungus I made a mistake ;-;

1 Like

oh ok

1 Like

Now i can’t wait to make it cloudy + raining everyday

Don’t forget about this:

6 Likes

[ul][li]“Hail control” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

I wonder how exactly they will make the clouds appear when it starts to rain. I mean, it won’t really make sense if it rained while there are simply some feather clouds above.

it would be cool if they slid into the sky.

13 Likes

The sky sphere already had some properties for controlling the clouds that the system currently tweaks, but those are mainly regarding their opacity and the sky shade, rather than actual shapes. I will see if I can somehow bring the old clouds back into the sky sphere, but not as massively expensive as they were.

5 Likes