Actually random Spin-To-Win?

Can we at least have more than a .0001% chance of winning the good stuff in STW? The game is rigged beyond the legal rigging limit. (<-- Not really.)

If it were actually random then the value and rarity of the items would go down tremendously. This wouldn’t be that great since you’d easily be able get all rare items with enough trial and error then sell them for may more than you spent.

10 Likes

No… just no.

2 Likes

I would like if the wedges were sized differently to at least indicate how rare each thing is.

Wouldn’t work IMO.
Certain wedges would be so small you’d have no idea what they give out

Don’t think that is going to happen.

Here have a hula doll.

1 Like

To be honest 0.0002% is about where it’s at currently so wish granted.

Source: I’ve spent over 150k on the wheel and eventually won everything. (My fridge has a lot of potatoes in it.)

What they could do is introduce a pity system where after every 20 shit consecutive rolls (10,000U, the game rewards you with at least catsacks, or better items with an increased probability. That way your luck wont be terrible forever, and players with bad luck will have a goal to spin towards. Everyone wins, developers increase the likelihood of players increasing their unit investment, and players have a guaranteed chance at receiving something nice.

EDIT: I suggested in another thread that the developers should change the prizes during events. (Change the Spin to Win prizes during seasonal events) This is relevant because a change of prizes periodically would at least guarantee spinners a chance to get a brand new item.

oh god no
that’s the exact opposite of what gambling is about

Nor are the odds of the machines. This isn’t actual gambling.

Even if you improve player’s odds, the actual outcome is still 100% random
Pity system is not

It doesn’t work on 100% randomness, otherwise the thread wouldn’t exist. The system works on heightened chances for less desirable items. It’s why it’s entirely feasible to potentially get 10 potatoes consecutively but not 10 bars of gold.

Also a pity system is something that can be modified. If what you describe is a legitimate issue, a pity roll could just mean slightly increased internal odds. It could also mean the guarantee of any lower tier item and up if you think catsacks are too precious. That comes with balancing.

I’m pretty sure a system can be both 100% random (as in, the numbers you roll) and weightened (as in, what each number pays out) at the same time. I might be wrong though.

My main problem with a pity system is that it undermines the basics of gambling- in gambling, you put in your bet and you get odds againts which you roll. If you get bad luck and win absolute crap, that’s your fault. You knew the risk and chose to proceed with it anyway. If you want to, try again. If you don’t, walk away. No-one should get compensated for bad luck.

1 Like

You compensate to incentivize. Unlike actual gambling this is a video game, and if the wheel doesn’t have enough incentive, then the prospect of yet another potato will be enough to make some players leave. It’s one reason why they are currently unused. There’s no real money on the line here, but the devs still want to keep the higher level rewards as a challenge so that they retain value and actually act as an incentive to players who want a rare reward.

The gamble is that players are throwing money for the chance to get that, and the risk is the potential for a potato or something equally bad. A pity system does not have to undermine that, a financial loss risk is still at hand. A pity system can be balanced and does not have to give a gold bar every five turns.