About The 0.1.1.0 Release (Update)

Hi everyone,

Regrettably, after assessing the state of some features in our game; we have decided that we need to delay this patch until Wednesday evening.

The bottom line is, some of this stuff just isn’t ready to ship.

We had considered releasing this as a major patch and then a subsequent minor patch.
However, this would require dedicated server owners and clients to synchronize their game versions all over again.
Each patch creates a rift between server and clients, and our goal is to keep this rift between game versions to a minimum.

We also entertained the idea of having a beta, but this would create an even bigger rift between players.

After much consideration, we decided the best move was to simply take a little more time to make this patch great.
Delaying the patch a couple of days gives us plenty of time to test, iterate, and fix broken / incomplete features.

We apologize for the inaccuracy of our scheduling.
There were some unexpected turns and obstacles in our path that we just weren’t prepared for.
These obstacles have been noted and they will be taken into consideration going forward.

Thank you all for your patience.
We hope to have this stuff out as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-PixelTailGames

35 Likes

Is fine. Take your time.

I’d rather wait than have a broken game.

7 Likes

Take your time, keep up the good work, and remember to take breaks, don’t overdo yourselves.:grinning:

1 Like

I should publish my autoupdate huh

1 Like

That’s a shame, but I’m sure the wait will be worth it.

6 Likes

We believe in you, you can do this!
No really take your time, I’d rather wait longer to have a stable game rather than having it rushed and then have a half-assed update.

A beta branch would allow more people to scout out bugs and such more efficiently before changes go public. There’s almost always some scenarios you’re going to miss.
The weekly branch is still there. Maybe use that?

1 Like

Ey, a functional game that comes out late is better than a broken one

3 Likes

He just said no to that.

Consider it ‘fashionably late’ Better late than never. Very exited. The Hype is real! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Better a really ironed out build than a buggy one! You guys take your time, and keep up the great work! :raising_hand:

Yes do it! It’s really good!

Yes, I did read what he said about it. I just don’t agree with his reasoning.
The beta branch I had in mind is not something that would “create a rift between players”, it wouldn’t be meant as a branch where you are playing, so to speak, like in the stable build. It would be a place where possibly everything is broken. And if it isn’t, you are encouraged to find a way to break it. “Abandon all hope who enter here”.
It would be disconnected from the Steam Inventory systems as well, for obvious reasons. Like the unranked servers will be, once we get to that stage in development.

always do your best

1 Like

Always worth waiting a little longer for a more finished result. :smile:

Amen.

1 Like

Take your time guys! This is only the beginning of a most likely long journey!

What time

https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap