[0.3.0.0] Virus Bugs

1. When joined mid-game, the player is stuck with one weapon and cannot change them until the next round.

2. Hit notes are not audible all the time. I think it’s because it’s not sent directly around the gunner’s position, but from where the victim is.

3. Ammo in the magazine aren’t predicted well, causing it to fluctuate (sign of poor client prediction) when some guns auto-fire.

4. It feels like infecting is still not well lag compensated, as an Infected player clearly touching a moving survivor never seems to work (ping 15 ~ 30ms). The only way to infect a player is when the Infected absolutely touches a moving player whose displacement between the updates is low.

5. Damage note UI elements are placed in the world, instead of the player’s screen space, making it near impossible to really read them when the victim is distant.

6. When firing an automatic weapon, it feels like occasionally the sound effects and even visual effects are dropped and not properly emitted, as if I sometimes feel like they are not firing.

[quote=“ilipitagaon, post:1, topic:20617, full:true”]
Hit notes are not audible all the time. I think it’s because it’s not sent directly around the gunner’s position, but from where the victim is.[/quote]

The hit note sounds are completely 2D. I haven’t seen them not work, maybe this is an automatic weapon related issue.

Ammo in the magazine aren’t predicted well, causing it to fluctuate (sign of poor client prediction) when some guns auto-fire.[/quote]

The ammo count is server validated to the client, having a poor connection will create that issue.

It feels like infecting is still not well lag compensated, as an Infected player clearly touching a moving survivor never seems to work (ping 15 ~ 30ms). The only way to infect a player is when the Infected absolutely touches a moving player whose displacement between the updates is low.[/quote]

Movement is predicted and lag compensated. This is handled by Unreal’s networking model, not our own.

This is due to sound ducking the weapons have. The sound will duck. I do not know about the visual effects, I have not seen it myself. Could you record it?

Not sure if this is a bug but i was a host of a virus game and after round 10 I could still walk around as the virus untill I got sent back to the lobby

You was able to do it even before the Weapon/Virus update.
And i’m not talking about the tab scoreboard way who has been fixed way before the update.

Thanks for the response, mac!

The hit notes are sometimes not very audible, but I can definitely tell it’s being played in a very low volume at some occasions, which was why I originally thought it was being played from the world.

I beg to differ. I was playing on a friend’s hosted session where we were both located 20 mins away from each other in NY. We had 15ms ping to each other. “ping -t” results confirm we had zero packet drops. Both of us use Ethernet connection. The game had about 12 people.

Something definitely isn’t being well predicted. When two models collide clearly on client’s screen, it doesn’t register well.

Tommy gun doesn’t seem to have this problem. I’ve only encountered effects being dropped with the pulse rifle. Some of my friends, myself included, encountered many cases where we thought the weapon wasn’t firing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.